• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone know of a local police/sheriff department

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Thanks all.

In regards to the fingerprinting... many states that allow non-resident permits simply have you get the fingerprint forms from the state you are requesting the non-resident permit from, take said fingerprint forms to your local police, they fingerprint you and sign off on it all legal like, then you send said fingerprint forms back to the state you are requesting the non-resident permit from. Happens all the time. Of course, doesn't work if they ONLY accept electronic fingerprints.

Last edited:

hermannr

Hej Verd! This is what I go back from the Okanogan county Sheriff's office:

"The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office will accept an application by mail. However, in order for the license to be issued we must verify your identity, you must sign the license and if the license is an original you must be fingerprinted. "

I have asked for and acceptable form of verifying identy and obtaining fingerprints.. Will post the answer if/when I receive one.

hermannr

OK Verd!

Installment #2 from the Okanogan Sheriff's office:

"The whole process is agency specific. He could have his fingerprints submitted electronically from another state, but the return would not come to us.

We would have to physically lay eyes on him to verify his identity and he would need to sign the license in our presence.

Have you contacted the Department of Licensing?"

For your holidays this summer, come to beautiful Washington state and go hiking, and apply while you are here, any sheriff's office, usually takes about 15 minutes. Maybe? if you make your application by mail, and make arrangements with the Sheriff's office, you could come in have your fingerprints done on their electronic scanner, and walk out with your CPL the same day rather than have it mailed.

BTW: while you are recreating in our great state, you can OC or CC without a license, so come, have a good time hiking, skiing, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, camping....etc....whatever turns your family crank. Way better than FL.

Oh yes, you can OC on the way here to: in ID, MT, WY (most of) CO (just not Denver)....

Last edited:

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Hej Verd! This is what I go back from the Okanogan county Sheriff's office:

"The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office will accept an application by mail. However, in order for the license to be issued we must verify your identity, you must sign the license and if the license is an original you must be fingerprinted. "

I have asked for and acceptable form of verifying identy and obtaining fingerprints.. Will post the answer if/when I receive one.

OK Verd!

"The whole process is agency specific. He could have his fingerprints submitted electronically from another state, but the return would not come to us.

We would have to physically lay eyes on him to verify his identity and he would need to sign the license in our presence.

Have you contacted the Department of Licensing?"

For your holidays this summer, come to beautiful Washington state and go hiking, and apply while you are here, any sheriff's office, usually takes about 15 minutes. Maybe? if you make your application by mail, and make arrangements with the Sheriff's office, you could come in have your fingerprints done on their electronic scanner, and walk out with your CPL the same day rather than have it mailed.

BTW: while you are recreating in our great state, you can OC or CC without a license, so come, have a good time hiking, skiing, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, camping....etc....whatever turns your family crank. Way better than FL.

Oh yes, you can OC on the way here to: in ID, MT, WY (most of) CO (just not Denver)....

Thanks so very much for the confirmations and whatnot!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

OK Verd!

hernannr that is pretty good of you going the extra mile on this.
Issues are still in play, once the sheriff office accepts the fingerprints how low would it take for them to process (likely up to 60 days) and then to get an appointment after everything is ran and approved to sign and verify their identity, seems to be quite cumbersome versus just obtaining a resident cpl in his/her home state.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
OK Verd!

The Sheriff says you can CC without a license????

hermannr

The Sheriff says you can CC without a license????

Actually, I will post the relavent section from RCW 9.41.060. Yes, you may carry concealed, That is RCW 9.41.050 does not apply: to you IF you meet the specifications in this RCW:

RCW 9.41.060: "Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms"

(9.41.060 starts with this statement:) "The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:
(5) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive pistols from the United States or from this state; (that means those that are members of a CMP qualified club, such as: the Okanogan Wildlife council) my addition
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;
10."

Last edited: