Thread: Board Ads

Board Ads

Is there a way to turn these off in our settings panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    Is there a way to turn these off in our settings panel?
    No. Ads are a revenue for OCDO and help keep it up and running. Necessary evil, you could say.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Thought so but wasn't sure.

Thanks,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    No. Ads are a revenue for OCDO and help keep it up and running. Necessary evil, you could say.
    Revenue is a good thing. But how about these stupid ads that appear in each new post that force you to navigate around the post. I don't like them and I imagine no one else does either.

Administrators! Will you please find another way to advertise and not anger the forum members?

Maybe if others who feel the same way would express their displeasure it could be stopped.
    When those in Government fail to see the danger in too much Government, they become the danger.
    (Original quote by me)

If we lose the Second Amendment it is only a matter of time before we lose the First Amendment, then the Fourth Amendment and then it is all downhill from there ...

I've OCed and didn't scare the horses or stampede the women!

It's too late to train when you are in the middle of a gunfight ... (me)

IDPA SSP/MM

I know this a zombie thread but a nice incentive might be to allow paid members an ad free experience.

I'm not sure if that's an option with VBulletin though and even if it is it wouldn't affect the top banner ads. ETA (or the bottom banner ads.) Just the inline ones. I'm actually OK with all the ads except for the ones that show as a hyperlink on someones post because I think they're linking something relevant and go, nope, fooled again.
    Last edited by sharkey; 08-31-2012 at 01:23 AM.