Thread: Q13 Buycott Artical

Q13 Buycott Artical

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-buy-...,5966076.story

Quote Originally Posted by Q13 Fox
    Those who prefer to drink their lattes packing protection on their hip turned out at Starbucks across the country on the first day of a "buycott" organized by gun owners -- countering the Starbucks boycott called this week by the National Gun Victims Action Council.

The issue of Starbucks allowing gun owners to openly carry their weapons in states that have "open carry" laws has been simmering for years. The new boycott, which launched Tuesday, aims at persuading Starbucks to join a growing list of retail chains, including Peet's Coffee, California Pizza Kitchen and IKEA, which prohibit guns even when they're otherwise legal.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

But Fineman said boycott advocates made the decision that it was time to step up the pressure. He said the coalition includes about 50 secular anti-gun organizations, faith groups and private citizens touched by gun violence, whose numbers, through a complicated formula, he puts at 14 million.
    I would like to see this formula!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Hahaha, they found three stores and that made a "growing list".....hilarious.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    That's what I always find amusing when reading the articles across the internet. Its the same list of stores every time and its a growing list. I would love to see an article that lists all the stores that don't infringe our rights...
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Peet's Coffee= I never tried their coffee, I guess I never will.
    California Pizza Kitchen= I never heard of this place, I guess their ban of guns is working.
    IKEA= The quality of their merchandise is not good, absolutely nothing their that I want to spend my hard earned money on.

I don't see the ban of firearms at these places really making me and my family rethink our stance on our 2A rights.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterModel12 View Post
    California Pizza Kitchen= I never heard of this place, I guess their ban of guns is working.
    IKEA= The quality of their merchandise is not good, absolutely nothing their that I want to spend my hard earned money on.

I don't see the ban of firearms at these places really making me and my family rethink our stance on our 2A rights.
    I've carried into IKEA anyway. My wife and I, probably made 3 or 4 trips shopping for things before we noticed the sign on the slider door. (When its busy, the door is open and the no carry sign is covered).

This is before I started OC'ing on a more regular basis. Its about the only place around that sells a computer desk thats worth half a **** and doesn't cost a thousand bills. I'd still go there for certain things, but I would simply cover and no one is going to know the wiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

nazi establisments

Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterModel12 View Post

Peet's coffee started in cali. along with Cali. pizza kitchen and I used to pick up merchandise for Ikea at there nearest major dist. center yep you guessed it in Cali. It must suc% being from A place where the governor is A nazi and dislikes the constitution that much.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Peet's coffee started in cali. along with Cali. pizza kitchen and I used to pick up merchandise for Ikea at there nearest major dist. center yep you guessed it in Cali. It must suc% being from A place where the governor is A nazi and dislikes the constitution that much.
    Please get it right.....

Peet's started in BERKELEY California at the corner of Walnut and Vine!
    Live Free or Die!

I saw that news article as I went out the door this morning. Nice to hear "Open Carry" being said aloud in seattle. Maybe the public should hear more.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Please get it right.....

Peet's started in BERKELEY California at the corner of Walnut and Vine!
    Cali. short for California

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Yeah, and this "growing list" stopped growing 2 years ago.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Yeah, and this "growing list" stopped growing 2 years ago.
    That's what makes it so funny to me....hilarious.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Interesting thing is the original owners of Starbuck's, now own Peet's. They didn't want to grow the business so Howard bought them out, he saw the potential they didn't or had no desire for.

Interesting thing is the original owners of Starbuck's, now own Peet's. They didn't want to grow the business so Howard bought them out, he saw the potential they didn't or had no desire for.
    Smart feller that Schulz. On many levels
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Smart feller that Schulz. On many levels
    He is listed as one of the 400 richest men in the USA. and 3 of the top 15 live in the greater seattle area.
    William Gates,Stephen Balmer,Paul Allen

DEMAND IT