Thread: This story has really struck a nerve for me.

KY Ranks Among States with Weakest Gun Laws

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/K...139443648.html

I feel they have really skewed this story to make gun owners look like bad people for their liberal agenda, but I suppose that is nothing new.
    Last edited by Cgm2414; 02-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch

Ky. ranks among states with weakest gun laws

Yeah, I saw it while researching the Audrey Rowe USDA story. It may be more effective to include a hint to the article that you're commenting upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Yeah, I saw it while researching the Audrey Rowe USDA story. It may be more effective to include a hint to the article that you're commenting upon.
    I want really thinking when I started the thread, will change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgm2414 View Post

I feel they have really skewed this story to make gun owners look like bad people for their liberal agenda, but I suppose that is nothing new.
    Too one sided to have even a hint of integrity. The only source that was used was the Brady Bunch's report. They didn't even try to tell us that we rank among the top in violent crime.

The Brady Campaign also announced today that its analysis of 2010 crime gun trace data supplied by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) found that the 31 states with the weakest gun laws export 9 times the crime guns as the six states with the strongest gun laws.

"Guns don't fall from the sky into the hands of criminals," said Brady Acting President Dennis Henigan.
    No, they fall out of the back of ATF trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    No, they fall out of the back of ATF trucks!
    Go home if you're going to spout lies like this...... We all know that they're SOLD or thrown out of ATF trucks..... : ) I am just kidding with you.

These are press releases sent out by the Brady group and are republished by news organizations. It is the lazy mans news authority.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

I <3 those Brady Bunch. We're quite proud of our long-standing 0 and have reps saying they wish we could get a negative score from them lol. C'mon Kentucky, pick up the slack. We want contenders for our "Craziest gun laws" award.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Activist Member
    If I remember correctly, last year the only state that received a worse rating from the Brady bunch than kentuckys was Arizona, and that was just because they passed const. Carry. However, we have fewer gun laws than most all states, if not all, and I love it. They can stay in Illinois and new York, and leave us country folks alone. We don't care about their whining and pouting because they don't get there way!! We've been raised to protect ourselves and not rely on the government to do it for us. If they ever get mugged in a dark alley, they will wish they had bought one Of those tools that can save your life, what is it again?, a firearm? Those things are so evil, when no one is looking, they pull their own trigger an intentionally kill people!!! The Brady bunch Is a JOKE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgm2414 View Post

We are BAD people -- to the brady nuts. hahahaha -- too bad brady....come over and punch me in the face if you want

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    If we could get HB 280 and HB 290 passed we might get that negative score. What a great achievment that would be!! Call your reps. Tell them we want a -5.
    You're kidding right? If we do that then the Brady bunch will just disown us. We'll be the state that they just happen to forget out of family photos.

I like the way you think. Think my reps will know if I just leave a message "Negative five please" with their people?

Edit: Gutshot, I just don't see how we can do it. Right now we have 2 because we don't force collages to allow carry. If we correct that then we can still only go to -4 (-2 gag rule on doctors and constitutional carry). But I would like to hear your ideas on how to get there.
    Last edited by 09jisaac; 02-19-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Just looked at the state rankings. I was sure that NC would have had a higher number assigned; we're 12th?
    I guess I didn't realize how restrictive we are. Damn. Way to go, KY!

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Just looked at the state rankings. I was sure that NC would have had a higher number assigned; we're 12th?
    I guess I didn't realize how restrictive we are. Damn. Way to go, KY!
    Until you mentioned that I never looked at the full rankings. KY is tied for 4th place in the rankings. All we need to do is lose two more points to rank up there with the big 3....

Cruiser, if you want you're welcome to move to KY..... This state appreciates rights.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    If we could get HB 280 and HB 290 passed we might get that negative score. What a great achievment that would be!! Call your reps. Tell them we want a -5.
    Good luck! There have been 4 "Craziest Gun Laws" awards: Kansas (4 points), Virginia (12 points), Florida (3 points) and, Utah (Big fat 0!). We'll fight ya on who gets a negative score first. *Puts up dukes*

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...5951304653580/
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Colorado has work to do, tied for 15th, but I don't know why. Shall issue, OC everywhere except Denver, loaded CC in car without permit; loaded mag, but none in chamber for long guns; full state preemption on CC; autos or cans not restricted. I demand a recount!
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

What kind of new outfit is that, no place to comment...I wanted to say, just goes to show KY has some of the better gun laws. The Brady bunch is good for something anyway. It's always fun to poke holes in their ratings.