• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help with a School Project...any help is greatly appreciated.

Glock214

Final Project posted...

Fellow OC'ers,

I have been assigned a college project where I have to find 10 references either websites, books, articles etc.
that I can use for my "Open Carry" project paper. I have already used this forum, MCRGO, and a 2 news articles pro 2A. in regards to the right to carry. I am having trouble coming up with more references. I have done all of my papers on Open Carry being one the best ways to carry (in my opinion that is, I do understand sometimes CC is the way to go). And so to make it more difficult I presume, they are making me write a paper on both views of OC. :banghead: I had a feeling my choice of paper might backfire on me one day but made it through 2 quarters of class before it did at least. :D I guess this makes me look at the anti's views on OC and write about that. :(

Any help would be great, I have most of the paper already done, so I am not asking for anyone to do the work for me, even a "hey check this site out" type of thing would be great. Hope to hear some ideas. Carry On!

Glock214

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Fellow OC'ers,

I have been assigned a college project where I have to find 10 references either websites, books, articles etc.
that I can use for my "Open Carry" project paper. I have already used this forum, MCRGO, and a 2 news articles pro 2A. in regards to the right to carry. I am having trouble coming up with more references. I have done all of my papers on Open Carry being one the best ways to carry (in my opinion that is, I do understand sometimes CC is the way to go). And so to make it more difficult I presume, they are making me write a paper on both views of OC. :banghead: I had a feeling my choice of paper might backfire on me one day but made it through 2 quarters of class before it did at least. :D I guess this makes me look at the anti's views on OC and write about that. :(

Any help would be great, I have most of the paper already done, so I am not asking for anyone to do the work for me, even a "hey check this site out" type of thing would be great. Hope to hear some ideas. Carry On!

Glock214

For anti-stuff check out the Brady's handgun Control site. Also check stuff from the California sites as they had lots of discussion on anti OC views.

Also many Police forums have an anti OC view as well.

Glock214

Thank You for the information, I appreciate it!
I'm really starting to not like this paper anymore lol.
It was easier to write when I was doing the all pro 2a side of the right to carry. This anit 2a stuff is not cool at all.
Thanks again!

For anti-stuff check out the Brady's handgun Control site. Also check stuff from the California sites as they had lots of discussion on anti OC views.

stainless1911

Banned
Open carry is REQUIRED by michigan law for carry in certain zones, schools being one of them. Next time someone argues against open carry, remind them that it is often a requirement under state law.

You might do well to watch the videos with Me and Venator about the Waterford schools, lots of good insight to how things are twisted. There are 7 episodes, not including the audio of the event that sparked the assault on our rights, and a hard to hear discussion with attorney Steve Dulan.

My favorite part was the principal explaining how my empty holster scared people. Still makes me chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkFutwKyJI

Last edited:

Glock214

Yes Q, we can use authority figures, and persons who are experts or have extensive knowledge on the topic.
That would be awesome! I will compile some questions for you, and send you an email.
Thanks again!

Can you use persons/interview?

I'd be happy to have an interview with you.

Phillip Hofmeister
President
Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
PHofmeister@miopencarry.org

Glock214

Stainless1911,

Thank you!
I will be checking out those videos you mentioned at school tonight to add to my paper. Also thanks for that first line, I never thought about it that way. I love this forum, I learn something new everyday!
Thanks again Stainless!

Open carry is REQUIRED by michigan law for carry in certain zones, schools being one of them. Next time someone argues against open carry, remind them that it is often a requirement under state law.

You might do well to watch the videos with Me and Venator about the Waterford schools, lots of good insight to how things are twisted. There are 7 episodes, not including the audio of the event that sparked the assault on our rights, and a hard to hear discussion with attorney Steve Dulan.

My favorite part was the principal explaining how my empty holster scared people. Still makes me chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkFutwKyJI

Glock214

Venator,

Thanks for the ideas, I was stumped for a long while. I even thought about Interviewing a Police Officer after I read your reply. I was thinking....Hmmmm...should I interview him/her while OC'ing? lol. :cool: I don't think that would go over very well so I decided against it. lol

Thanks again!

WilDChilD

On the anti side there is the Gun Victims Action Council http://gunvictimsaction.org/

Steel your mind and gird your loins before entering.

Bronson

I have been reading these zealots (how they refer to us so i was just passing on the kind words) Website alot lately. I am just amazed with their thinking. It actually states that we would be safer if only criminals had firearms (insert smiley face with eyes popping out). If youre ever in need of a good laugh check out the "Fact Sheet" they have posted.

Last edited:

Bronson

The challenge to young Glock214 is to take those opposing views and put together a cogent scholarly paper refuting their assertions.

I would recommend he seek the advice/help of Dr. Todd for such a daunting task.

Bronson

Glock214

Thank you everyone who has chipped in with some much needed information, I greatly appreciate all the help. I have so much information right now in front of me that I am at a loss for words. I already had a 3 page paper typed up ready for a final draft for my professor. I thought, well why not go to the OC guru's for some final insight. :D I am trying to get an A+ paper, and turn an anti 2a professor into a pro 2a professor. His words "I want you to change my views on the need for carrying a gun openly."

I am almost there, he read one draft early in my paper, and we’ll see what the final draft will do. I hope to see him OC'ing this summer lol.

Glock214

Carry On!

Glock214

Best way to do that, is to go OC with him. Or have him attend a MOC demo.

I will invite him to one that I know I am able to attend as well, and see what happens. :)
I have yet to go to one, and I can't wait to go to one. I am hoping to go to the one in march.

Glock214

The challenge to young Glock214 is to take those opposing views and put together a cogent scholarly paper refuting their assertions.

I would recommend he seek the advice/help of Dr. Todd for such a daunting task.

Bronson

I have contacted DrTodd to see if he would help or offer some advice on my project. It is a tough project, a lot tougher than I thought it would be. All of my other OC papers were pretty easy A's, well, ok not that easy, incase my professors are reading this lol. This one is now having me dig deep, well there goes my weekend lol. Ahh, I just remembered....I have to finish another OC paper regarding the slowness of some counties in Michigan issuing CPL's. (sigh) Back to work I go, any more ideas on either paper please feel free to post them. All the help I can get I will appreciate it.

Carry On!

Glock214