Thread: Need a gun smith in NOVA

Need a gun smith in NOVA

Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in nova, I finally purchased a part to fix my P7 does anyone know of a good gunsmith to install this part?
    Much appreciated
    Joe
    Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp.

Northern Virginia Gunworks
    Robert and Sandy Garrett
    7518-K Fullerton Rd
    Springfield, VA

703-644-6504
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Echo recommendation of Sam Hatfield - he's on Mathis Ave. in Manassas, closest one to Centreville, anyway, I think. Best guy in the area on military/tactical/police weapons, "black guns", and semiautomatics. Just for reference, revolvers, and manual-action rifles, best all around is Berny Hostrop, who's near Warrenton, dba "GBH Gunsmithing". Sam is pretty busy, so expect to wait.

Say, what kind of part is it, anyway. If it's just an R&R part replacement, you could probably DYI fairly easily.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinkeler View Post
    Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in nova, I finally purchased a part to fix my P7 does anyone know of a good gunsmith to install this part?
    Much appreciated
    Joe
    Which part Joe?
    The little squeeze cockers usually only require minor fitting. Unless it's major upgrade it should be a DIY job.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I second Northern Virginia Gun Works. Have used them a number of times over the years. The other one mentioned? No thanks.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 02-17-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Much appreciated
    Joe
    P7's are easy to work with, like PN said it may be a DIY deal.
    I personally wouldn't let my guns into Hatfield's!!!

I'm a fan of having my guns repaired by the factory, if I don't personally know the GS.
    Not NoVA but Rick over at TTI is a good guy to deal with, he post of VAGT as Feazz.

(TTi gunsmith/gunshop)
    11233 Washington Hwy Glen Allen, VA 23059

On 3/24 there's going to be a meet and greet and gun "n" accessories swap meet.
    http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...t_s#Post251350

Here are some folks that have something to say about Hatfield's: http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...iel#Post209861
    Last edited by Marco; 02-17-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Another vote for Sam Hatfield. I've used him a couple times; just some fittings requiring lathe work, no complaints.

And yes, as User noted, you can probably expect to wait a bit although I don't believe it's ever been longer than two or three weeks.

Now when I deal with John Myer (Custom Gunsmithing) and Clay Spencer (Spencer Rifle Barrels), that's a wait.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

D&J Gun Repair

I've used Dusty at D&J Gun Repair

506 N York Road
    Sterling, VA 20164-3924
    (703) 404-7256

Much appreciated
    Joe

Dawson's in Woodbridge, on RT1 does some gun work. Although in some cases they will refer you to Northern Virginia Gunworks. That was the case with me when I asked them if they could install a Geissele match trigger in my AR lower. After that I opted to do it myself anyway as I didn't want to wait on it. I asked Clark Bros in Warrenton the same and they told me it would be a 3 week wait to install the new trigger.

There are surely some things you can DIY. Since then I've built a couple of AR lowers with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Northern Virginia Gunworks
    Robert and Sandy Garrett
    7518-K Fullerton Rd
    Springfield, VA

703-644-6504
    OH HELL NO.

They ripped me off by refusing to refund my money when my gun didn't work. I had to send my SIG back to the factory to fix their mistakes. Never go to them.
    Last edited by 230therapy; 02-22-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?