• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a gun smith in NOVA

jwinkeler

Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in nova, I finally purchased a part to fix my P7 does anyone know of a good gunsmith to install this part?
Much appreciated
Joe

user

Accomplished Advocate
Echo recommendation of Sam Hatfield - he's on Mathis Ave. in Manassas, closest one to Centreville, anyway, I think. Best guy in the area on military/tactical/police weapons, "black guns", and semiautomatics. Just for reference, revolvers, and manual-action rifles, best all around is Berny Hostrop, who's near Warrenton, dba "GBH Gunsmithing". Sam is pretty busy, so expect to wait.

Say, what kind of part is it, anyway. If it's just an R&R part replacement, you could probably DYI fairly easily.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in nova, I finally purchased a part to fix my P7 does anyone know of a good gunsmith to install this part?
Much appreciated
Joe

Which part Joe?
The little squeeze cockers usually only require minor fitting. Unless it's major upgrade it should be a DIY job.

Marco

Much appreciated
Joe

P7's are easy to work with, like PN said it may be a DIY deal.
I personally wouldn't let my guns into Hatfield's!!!

I'm a fan of having my guns repaired by the factory, if I don't personally know the GS.
Not NoVA but Rick over at TTI is a good guy to deal with, he post of VAGT as Feazz.

(TTi gunsmith/gunshop)
11233 Washington Hwy Glen Allen, VA 23059

On 3/24 there's going to be a meet and greet and gun "n" accessories swap meet.
http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/u...350/Central_VA_area_swap_meet_It_s#Post251350

Here are some folks that have something to say about Hatfield's: http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/u...rue/Re_Bad_Experience_with_Hatfiel#Post209861

Last edited:

Bob1

Another vote for Sam Hatfield. I've used him a couple times; just some fittings requiring lathe work, no complaints.

And yes, as User noted, you can probably expect to wait a bit although I don't believe it's ever been longer than two or three weeks.

Now when I deal with John Myer (Custom Gunsmithing) and Clay Spencer (Spencer Rifle Barrels), that's a wait. :cry:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
D&J Gun Repair

I've used Dusty at D&J Gun Repair

506 N York Road
Sterling, VA 20164-3924
(703) 404-7256

stickslinger

Much appreciated
Joe

Dawson's in Woodbridge, on RT1 does some gun work. Although in some cases they will refer you to Northern Virginia Gunworks. That was the case with me when I asked them if they could install a Geissele match trigger in my AR lower. After that I opted to do it myself anyway as I didn't want to wait on it. I asked Clark Bros in Warrenton the same and they told me it would be a 3 week wait to install the new trigger.

There are surely some things you can DIY. Since then I've built a couple of AR lowers with no issues.

230therapy

Northern Virginia Gunworks
Robert and Sandy Garrett
7518-K Fullerton Rd
Springfield, VA

703-644-6504

OH HELL NO.

They ripped me off by refusing to refund my money when my gun didn't work. I had to send my SIG back to the factory to fix their mistakes. Never go to them.

Last edited: