Thread: 5.11 Thumb Drive

5.11 Thumb Drive

I went back 10 pages looking for a thread on the 5.11 Tactical Thumb Drive. I'm looking for a holster for a Glock 17 or a 22, I haven't decided on which model yet, but looking for a open top serpa or maybe the 5.11 holster? Anybody have one? Are they good or bad?
    Last edited by futurepopo; 02-16-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Lots of folks have a SERPA, including me, but I suspect that's more because of it's wide availability than anything else. It does have a drawback that can bite you in the butt (see Tex Gerbner's video.)

For the same price, I highly recommend a Safariland ALS or SLS style holster. A 6377 or 6378 is the same price, or LESS than a SERPA
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 02-16-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    It does have a drawback that can bite you in the butt (see Tex Gerbner's video.)
    That's just because he was an idiot and put his finger in the trigger well. We used SERPA holsters when I was in the Army and they worked pretty well.
    The M4...serving scum the laws of terminal ballistics at 2,900FPS

Lots of folks have a SERPA, including me, but I suspect that's more because of it's wide availability than anything else. It does have a drawback that can bite you in the butt (see Tex Gerbner's video.)

For the same price, I highly recommend a Safariland ALS or SLS style holster. A 6377 or 6378 is the same price, or LESS than a SERPA
    Safariland ALS is bar none the best. It has a very natural transition from thumb snaps to the release on this.

Oh yea, don't use the SERPA. You are guaranteed to shoot yourself in the leg.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 02-20-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

I agree, check out Opticsplanet.com for the best prices on Safariland holsters. I haven't found them any lower.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Activist Member
    I use a 5.11 Thumb drive holster for my Glock35. It's actually really good once you get used to it. It may not look too fancy, just a plain poly holster. I haven't had any issues with the thumb system.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Founder's Club Member
    Wait. Are we talking about holsters or...nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Wait. Are we talking about holsters or...nevermind.
    I'm not sure if you're referring to the same thing, but I had to Google it. I kept wondering what the importance of a tactical flash drive could be. I'm a bit slow, but now I get it.