• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5.11 Thumb Drive

futurepopo

I went back 10 pages looking for a thread on the 5.11 Tactical Thumb Drive. I'm looking for a holster for a Glock 17 or a 22, I haven't decided on which model yet, but looking for a open top serpa or maybe the 5.11 holster? Anybody have one? Are they good or bad?

Last edited:

matt2636

I went back 10 pages looking for a thread on the 5.11 Tactical Thumb Drive. I'm looking for a holster for a Glock 17 or a 22, I haven't decided on which model yet, but looking for a open top serpa or maybe the 5.11 holster? Anybody have one? Are they good or bad?

none just practice and incorporate the safety rules obviously.

Fallschirjmäger

Lots of folks have a SERPA, including me, but I suspect that's more because of it's wide availability than anything else. It does have a drawback that can bite you in the butt (see Tex Gerbner's video.)

For the same price, I highly recommend a Safariland ALS or SLS style holster. A 6377 or 6378 is the same price, or LESS than a SERPA

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Lots of folks have a SERPA, including me, but I suspect that's more because of it's wide availability than anything else. It does have a drawback that can bite you in the butt (see Tex Gerbner's video.)

For the same price, I highly recommend a Safariland ALS or SLS style holster. A 6377 or 6378 is the same price, or LESS than a SERPA

Safariland ALS is bar none the best. It has a very natural transition from thumb snaps to the release on this.

Oh yea, don't use the SERPA. You are guaranteed to shoot yourself in the leg.
index.php

Last edited:

Motofixxer

I agree, check out Opticsplanet.com for the best prices on Safariland holsters. I haven't found them any lower.

DWCook

Activist Member
I use a 5.11 Thumb drive holster for my Glock35. It's actually really good once you get used to it. It may not look too fancy, just a plain poly holster. I haven't had any issues with the thumb system.