Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: look at the opposition

  1. #1
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258

    look at the opposition

    i am a gun carrier, and i am definitely against gun violence. i am also against any violence, especially the illegal kind such as rape, robbery, or just plain out attacking someone. i am OK with mutual violence such as cage fights.

    i just thought some of you might like to look into the minds of the opposition. please note some of the "exaggeration", or just flat out lies

    please feel free to comment

    http://ncgv.org/
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    94
    When will people learn. Reminds me of Iraq. When we first went in and disarmed the local Iraqi people, it made it easier for AQI to come in and control the populous. But when we let the citizens re-arm(nothing crazy, just 1 AK and 1 magazine per household), then the people had a better chance of fending off the enemy themselves.
    The M4...serving scum the laws of terminal ballistics at 2,900FPS

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    I almost want to like that page just to hassle them. I don't think I have that much time though. A little over a month in and no children have been killed in Hickory recreation facilities by CC holders. Imagine that.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I almost want to like that page just to hassle them. I don't think I have that much time though. A little over a month in and no children have been killed in Hickory recreation facilities by CC holders. Imagine that.
    Had a lady visiting my wife She walked by my desk and saw the Kimber sitting on the corner minding it's own business. She looked at it and said that gun can stay right where its at. Asked her, What?
    She said guns kill people. Told her not to worry about that one. I bought it in 94 and its defective. It hasn't killed anyone yet and its just plain lazy. It won't even get up and move around. She just walked off.

  5. #5
    Regular Member SquareJeeper88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reidsville, NC
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Had a lady visiting my wife She walked by my desk and saw the Kimber sitting on the corner minding it's own business. She looked at it and said that gun can stay right where its at. Asked her, What?
    She said guns kill people. Told her not to worry about that one. I bought it in 94 and its defective. It hasn't killed anyone yet and its just plain lazy. It won't even get up and move around. She just walked off.
    freakin awesome!! had me laughing out loud sittin in my living room. people are naive and its frustrating but this is the type of attitude we have to have when dealing with them, brush it off, maybe try to educate those that aren't too hard headed to listen and just laugh a little.

  6. #6
    Regular Member J_Oliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Haw River, North Carolina
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Had a lady visiting my wife She walked by my desk and saw the Kimber sitting on the corner minding it's own business. She looked at it and said that gun can stay right where its at. Asked her, What?
    She said guns kill people. Told her not to worry about that one. I bought it in 94 and its defective. It hasn't killed anyone yet and its just plain lazy. It won't even get up and move around. She just walked off.
    +1! That's great! Wait... I guess that means mine is defective as well then...


    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

    [ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

    Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

    Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

  7. #7
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B2O View Post
    When will people learn. Reminds me of Iraq. When we first went in and disarmed the local Iraqi people, it made it easier for AQI to come in and control the populous. But when we let the citizens re-arm(nothing crazy, just 1 AK and 1 magazine per household), then the people had a better chance of fending off the enemy themselves.
    As if "allowing" folks to possess any quantity of weapons in their own country would be somehow crazy...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  9. #9
    Regular Member dmatting's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    443
    They list a 'fact' that states "More than 168,000 children and teens in North Carolina live in homes with loaded guns". That must mean that there are going to be 168,000 dead kids, right?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    charlotte/mt holly
    Posts
    20
    Well she was wrong anyways. Guns dont kill people, the bullets do

  11. #11
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Wow a hundred dollars to a visit. why hasn't the VCDL or the GRNC done this.

    http://www.ncgv.org/spring_2012_rece...tm_source=ncgv
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Wow a hundred dollars to a visit. why hasn't the VCDL or the GRNC done this.

    http://www.ncgv.org/spring_2012_rece...tm_source=ncgv
    GRNC has. It's next Saturday. Only we are cheaper, $37.50.

    http://www.grnc.org/annualdinner

  13. #13
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    you know, i am truly disappointed nobody suggested, after reviewing the OP's initial link, to ping the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (http://www.ncrla.biz/) (1-800-582-8750) and offer Ms Alyssa Barkley, Interim President and CEO, our wholehearted support for their stand against the pressure they must be receiving (sarcasm intended) to advocate no firearms in their member's establishments.

    instead of action, this august group from NC are chatting about GRNC dinners etc...i am confused!!

    wabbit

    PS: as for the second link the OP posted i did not hear anybody offer to set up a OC meeting at the two eating establishments mentioned?? Trust me, even w/the high gas prices, i would drive to that event. you know i might do it anyway when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn!!!

    pps: finally didn't hear anybody offer to call or drop a line to NCGV's Mr. J Rxxxxx at their chapel hill fone number or drop them a email at their juno email addy, or even at their snail mail addy...
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 05-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  14. #14
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    you know, i am truly disappointed nobody suggested, after reviewing the OP's initial link, to ping the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (http://www.ncrla.biz/) (1-800-582-8750) and offer Ms Alyssa Barkley, Interim President and CEO, our wholehearted support for their stand against the pressure they must be receiving (sarcasm intended) to advocate no firearms in their member's establishments.

    instead of action, this august group from NC are chatting about GRNC dinners etc...i am confused!!

    wabbit

    PS: as for the second link the OP posted i did not hear anybody offer to set up a OC meeting at the two eating establishments mentioned?? Trust me, even w/the high gas prices, i would drive to that event. you know i might do it anyway when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn!!!

    pps: finally didn't hear anybody offer to call or drop a line to NCGV's Mr. J Rxxxxx at their chapel hill fone number or drop them a email at their juno email addy, or even at their snail mail addy...
    Sounds like an awesome opportunity for you to display your leadership abilities and get all this stuff moving in the right direction. Seeing as how no other group in NC is doing anything for gun rights (obvious sarcasm intended), perhaps now you will step up to the plate and lead us.

    Grab that standard and raise it high. Let me know how to help and I'm there.

  15. #15
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    sorry mate, right before i posted my comments, i had already left my comments for North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association's CEO, Ms Barkley, expressing my sincere support to her and her organizational members.

    Further, as i indicated in my PS: "...when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn" i plan to drive and attempt to enjoy a meal at the establishments mention.

    Finally, an email has been sent to Mr. R's email expressing my thoughts on the slanted promo.

    therefore, as you can see lad... i do practice what i preach and so my one little candle has been lit...is yours?

    wabbit

    PS: So rotohead, et al., any word on the release of the BOD names or where the donated money is being spent for the self avow'd volunteer organization?

    pps: high enough?
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 05-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  16. #16
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Any time anyone uses the "Shoot First Law" to describe the SYG laws, I stop the conversation RIGHT THERE, and let them know that until they actually sit down with me and read through the State Laws, current Concealed Carry training materials on SYG, and they review a few examples of case law on the subject, that the conversation is OVER, and I will be telling everyone in the room that they are uninformed propagandists spouting nonsense on a topic about which they know nothing.

    STG laws SHOULD be called "Shoot LAST" if people knew the law, because they require you to be in DIRE FEAR for your physical safety before you can shoot. You can't just shoot someone because they look sketchy. You can't shoot someone because they use "fighting words". You can't shoot someone because they shout something derogatory about your mother from across a parking lot.

    But the "anti's" are masters of propaganda, and they know how to twist words, reality and public opinion to their own ends.

    Until we start using similar tactics--appealing to people's emotional attachments to family, community and personal safety--this sort of propaganda silliness will continue to be successful.

    The sad fact is that a good 90% of the people in the US are functionally incapable of rational, logical thought. They CANNOT understand logical fallacies, and they are intellectually unprepared to refute (or even recognize) these faulty arguments and brazen propaganda.

    Facts, the Law, and Court Case precedence is pretty brainy stuff--and throwing that in the face of 90% of the public is just going to make their eyes glaze over. Plus they have actually been programmed by the media and the educational system to disregard ANY fact that run contrary to their pre-held beliefs--as "conspiracy theories" or "fringe science" or "radical political thought".

    If it doesn't fit into a 10-second sound bite, most people just are incapable of hearing a message.

    Welcome to the Idiocracy...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  17. #17
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    DREAMER that is why i have dropped the use of "weapons" from my vocabulary. also i use the words of "self defense", self protection, and use the terms of gun ban-ners instead of gun controllers

    words do mean things, and the power of the word can mean a lot
    Last edited by papa bear; 05-13-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  18. #18
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    sorry mate, right before i posted my comments, i had already left my comments for North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association's CEO, Ms Barkley, expressing my sincere support to her and her organizational members.

    Further, as i indicated in my PS: "...when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn" i plan to drive and attempt to enjoy a meal at the establishments mention.

    Finally, an email has been sent to Mr. R's email expressing my thoughts on the slanted promo.

    therefore, as you can see lad... i do practice what i preach and so my one little candle has been lit...is yours?

    wabbit

    PS: So rotohead, et al., any word on the release of the BOD names or where the donated money is being spent for the self avow'd volunteer organization?

    pps: high enough?
    - Contact the appropriate people for the appropriate info, as suggested numerous times in the past.

    - Please give me the name of your organization so I can join, I'm very active and can help.

    - Is there anyone who doesn't send emails and phone calls these days? Many of us have been practicing our preaching for years. Welcome to the club.

    - I'm not your lad.

  19. #19
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    actually, not too sure about this one. WTH is he talking about? i get that they want service person guns in the District. but WTH does that have to do with abortion?


    https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campai...daca4167682532
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  20. #20
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    the author seems to forget the fact(as all anti's do) that the Gifford shooter was a left wing nut job. oh, and the fact that we live in a republic not a democracy

    https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campai...7ad000635f87bf
    Last edited by papa bear; 05-24-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  21. #21
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    heh- the reporter is trying to tie unrelated issues together with anything related to gun violence, thereby showing that a person (or group) that would deny a person's "right" to kill a baby would also be unstable enough to kill an adult at will.

    Odd how that works out.

    Trying to extract sense from politically contracted writers is sometimes difficult.
    Last edited by rotorhead; 05-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    looks like the author is grasping at straws. the two cases have nothing to do with each other. he seems to be confused about what he really wants to defend


    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-h...b_1551998.html
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  23. #23
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    here is a fear tactic by Horwitz. in it he sounds like he is praising the gun lobby. but, he use words like millionaires, and other catch phrases of the left

    he doesn't realize that we have a lot further to go to reach our goals


    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-h...23#postComment
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •