• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

look at the opposition

papa bear

i am a gun carrier, and i am definitely against gun violence. i am also against any violence, especially the illegal kind such as rape, robbery, or just plain out attacking someone. i am OK with mutual violence such as cage fights.

i just thought some of you might like to look into the minds of the opposition. please note some of the "exaggeration", or just flat out lies

please feel free to comment

http://ncgv.org/

11B2O

When will people learn. Reminds me of Iraq. When we first went in and disarmed the local Iraqi people, it made it easier for AQI to come in and control the populous. But when we let the citizens re-arm(nothing crazy, just 1 AK and 1 magazine per household), then the people had a better chance of fending off the enemy themselves.

chiefjason

I almost want to like that page just to hassle them. I don't think I have that much time though. A little over a month in and no children have been killed in Hickory recreation facilities by CC holders. Imagine that.

cricketdad

I almost want to like that page just to hassle them. I don't think I have that much time though. A little over a month in and no children have been killed in Hickory recreation facilities by CC holders. Imagine that.

Had a lady visiting my wife She walked by my desk and saw the Kimber sitting on the corner minding it's own business. She looked at it and said that gun can stay right where its at. Asked her, What?
She said guns kill people. Told her not to worry about that one. I bought it in 94 and its defective. It hasn't killed anyone yet and its just plain lazy. It won't even get up and move around. She just walked off.

SquareJeeper88

Had a lady visiting my wife She walked by my desk and saw the Kimber sitting on the corner minding it's own business. She looked at it and said that gun can stay right where its at. Asked her, What?
She said guns kill people. Told her not to worry about that one. I bought it in 94 and its defective. It hasn't killed anyone yet and its just plain lazy. It won't even get up and move around. She just walked off.

freakin awesome!! had me laughing out loud sittin in my living room. people are naive and its frustrating but this is the type of attitude we have to have when dealing with them, brush it off, maybe try to educate those that aren't too hard headed to listen and just laugh a little.

J_Oliver

+1! That's great! Wait... I guess that means mine is defective as well then...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ManInBlack

When will people learn. Reminds me of Iraq. When we first went in and disarmed the local Iraqi people, it made it easier for AQI to come in and control the populous. But when we let the citizens re-arm(nothing crazy, just 1 AK and 1 magazine per household), then the people had a better chance of fending off the enemy themselves.

As if "allowing" folks to possess any quantity of weapons in their own country would be somehow crazy... :rolleyes:

dmatting

They list a 'fact' that states "More than 168,000 children and teens in North Carolina live in homes with loaded guns". That must mean that there are going to be 168,000 dead kids, right?

ncwabbit

you know, i am truly disappointed nobody suggested, after reviewing the OP's initial link, to ping the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (http://www.ncrla.biz/) (1-800-582-8750) and offer Ms Alyssa Barkley, Interim President and CEO, our wholehearted support for their stand against the pressure they must be receiving (sarcasm intended) to advocate no firearms in their member's establishments.

instead of action, this august group from NC are chatting about GRNC dinners etc...i am confused!!

wabbit

PS: as for the second link the OP posted i did not hear anybody offer to set up a OC meeting at the two eating establishments mentioned?? Trust me, even w/the high gas prices, i would drive to that event. you know i might do it anyway when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn!!!

pps: finally didn't hear anybody offer to call or drop a line to NCGV's Mr. J Rxxxxx at their chapel hill fone number or drop them a email at their juno email addy, or even at their snail mail addy...

Last edited:

rotorhead

you know, i am truly disappointed nobody suggested, after reviewing the OP's initial link, to ping the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (http://www.ncrla.biz/) (1-800-582-8750) and offer Ms Alyssa Barkley, Interim President and CEO, our wholehearted support for their stand against the pressure they must be receiving (sarcasm intended) to advocate no firearms in their member's establishments.

instead of action, this august group from NC are chatting about GRNC dinners etc...i am confused!!

wabbit

PS: as for the second link the OP posted i did not hear anybody offer to set up a OC meeting at the two eating establishments mentioned?? Trust me, even w/the high gas prices, i would drive to that event. you know i might do it anyway when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn!!!

pps: finally didn't hear anybody offer to call or drop a line to NCGV's Mr. J Rxxxxx at their chapel hill fone number or drop them a email at their juno email addy, or even at their snail mail addy...

Sounds like an awesome opportunity for you to display your leadership abilities and get all this stuff moving in the right direction. Seeing as how no other group in NC is doing anything for gun rights (obvious sarcasm intended), perhaps now you will step up to the plate and lead us.

Grab that standard and raise it high. Let me know how to help and I'm there.

ncwabbit

sorry mate, right before i posted my comments, i had already left my comments for North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association's CEO, Ms Barkley, expressing my sincere support to her and her organizational members.

Further, as i indicated in my PS: "...when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn" i plan to drive and attempt to enjoy a meal at the establishments mention.

Finally, an email has been sent to Mr. R's email expressing my thoughts on the slanted promo.

therefore, as you can see lad... i do practice what i preach and so my one little candle has been lit...is yours?

wabbit

PS: So rotohead, et al., any word on the release of the BOD names or where the donated money is being spent for the self avow'd volunteer organization?

pps: high enough?

Last edited:

Dreamer

Any time anyone uses the "Shoot First Law" to describe the SYG laws, I stop the conversation RIGHT THERE, and let them know that until they actually sit down with me and read through the State Laws, current Concealed Carry training materials on SYG, and they review a few examples of case law on the subject, that the conversation is OVER, and I will be telling everyone in the room that they are uninformed propagandists spouting nonsense on a topic about which they know nothing.

STG laws SHOULD be called "Shoot LAST" if people knew the law, because they require you to be in DIRE FEAR for your physical safety before you can shoot. You can't just shoot someone because they look sketchy. You can't shoot someone because they use "fighting words". You can't shoot someone because they shout something derogatory about your mother from across a parking lot.

But the "anti's" are masters of propaganda, and they know how to twist words, reality and public opinion to their own ends.

Until we start using similar tactics--appealing to people's emotional attachments to family, community and personal safety--this sort of propaganda silliness will continue to be successful.

The sad fact is that a good 90% of the people in the US are functionally incapable of rational, logical thought. They CANNOT understand logical fallacies, and they are intellectually unprepared to refute (or even recognize) these faulty arguments and brazen propaganda.

Facts, the Law, and Court Case precedence is pretty brainy stuff--and throwing that in the face of 90% of the public is just going to make their eyes glaze over. Plus they have actually been programmed by the media and the educational system to disregard ANY fact that run contrary to their pre-held beliefs--as "conspiracy theories" or "fringe science" or "radical political thought".

If it doesn't fit into a 10-second sound bite, most people just are incapable of hearing a message.

Welcome to the Idiocracy...

papa bear

DREAMER that is why i have dropped the use of "weapons" from my vocabulary. also i use the words of "self defense", self protection, and use the terms of gun ban-ners instead of gun controllers

words do mean things, and the power of the word can mean a lot

Last edited:

rotorhead

sorry mate, right before i posted my comments, i had already left my comments for North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association's CEO, Ms Barkley, expressing my sincere support to her and her organizational members.

Further, as i indicated in my PS: "...when i get back from my planned holiday sojourn" i plan to drive and attempt to enjoy a meal at the establishments mention.

Finally, an email has been sent to Mr. R's email expressing my thoughts on the slanted promo.

therefore, as you can see lad... i do practice what i preach and so my one little candle has been lit...is yours?

wabbit

PS: So rotohead, et al., any word on the release of the BOD names or where the donated money is being spent for the self avow'd volunteer organization?

pps: high enough?

- Contact the appropriate people for the appropriate info, as suggested numerous times in the past.

- Please give me the name of your organization so I can join, I'm very active and can help.

- Is there anyone who doesn't send emails and phone calls these days? Many of us have been practicing our preaching for years. Welcome to the club.

- I'm not your lad.