Thread: Possible End to Canada Gun registry

Possible End to Canada Gun registry

Canada end of Gun Registry

By Jeff Davis

OTTAWA — The Conservative government says its MPs will celebrate after a historic vote to end the long-gun registry Wednesday evening, despite vehement opposition to the move in Quebec and much of urban Canada.

Public Safety Minister Vic Toews told reporters Wednesday, hours before the vote, that the government’s actions are long overdue.

“It does nothing to help put an end to gun crimes, nor has it saved one Canadian life,” he said

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    this would be much more interesting if the registration was ending in michigan
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn

Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    We will have to replace the legislature.

If nothing productive happens in regards to gun rights this term, I will inform my rep that although not seeking office personally, I will be actively campaigning against her. I suggest all of you do the same. Get rid of the seat warmers.

Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    As nice as the long-gun registry's demise is, it would be nice to be able to bring a pistol with me when I go to Canada. Then again, although very difficult, it is not impossible. Probably only slightly more onerous than Michigan's pistol registration scheme. But, I'm sure our pistol registration's demise would make out-of-staters happy in that they too would be able to bring a pistol into Michigan. The idiocy of our elected officials is amazing at times. End registration NOW!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.