Thread: Novi Gun Shoes

Novi Gun Shoes

Is open carry allowed in the gun show?

Opps double post delete please.
    Last edited by GlockIt; 02-17-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    Id rather look at my ugly Glock than shoot your fancy S&W.

Where can I find me some of them "gun" shoes?

Will they pass TSA inspection at the airport?

I am not sure about open carry but concealed carry with a CPL is allowed after you enter with the gun unloaded and get it strappped at the door.

On second thought yes open carry with a CPL is allowed under the same conditions listed above. There are always hundreds of people open carrying long guns at the Novi shows. They may be for sale but they are open carried with slings.
    Last edited by maustin195; 02-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.

A 'strapped' gun is a club.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up There are promoters that do allow OC at their events - please support them if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Since the OP is fond of double tap posting of threads I will repost link and info here as well

From first thread

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...highlight=show

The promoter mentioned in this link went out of his way to visit a OC event on 8-8-2010 & invite us to attend his shows (most are held in Clarkston, MI a few miles north of Great Lakes Crossing Mall. He also does some shows at the Taylor Trade Center in Taylor, MI. Along with some shows in Redford, MI.

http://www.ww2collector.com/gunshow.htm

*Note* before attending any Taylor shows please contact the promoter as my experience is the folks that run that place are shall we say prone to suffering from rectal cranial inversion from time to time.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 02-17-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

While I agree that it would be better to be able to carry as the law alows a strapped gun on me is better than none. I have a knife and ammo and only seconds from being able to use. Not the best but better than no gun.

Quote Originally Posted by maustin195 View Post
    While I agree that it would be better to be able to carry as the law alows a strapped gun on me is better than none. I have a knife and ammo and only seconds from being able to use. Not the best but better than no gun.
    It may take the rest of your life to cut the strap off, load, chamber and aim. No dice, for me.

I carry for my protection, and that of my family. No show or store is worth dropping my guard. YMMV
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

It may take the rest of your life to cut the strap off, load, chamber and aim. No dice, for me.

I carry for my protection, and that of my family. No show or store is worth dropping my guard. YMMV
    So you never go anywhere that a gun isn't allowed?

Yup!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by maustin195 View Post
    So you never go anywhere that a gun isn't allowed?
    Unless prohibited by law (got stuck on jury duty), or where I am in a secured facility (at work).

Other than that, no, I don't. I carry for a reason; there is someone out there who has threatened to kill me and my family.