• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Novi Gun Shoes

maustin195

I am not sure about open carry but concealed carry with a CPL is allowed after you enter with the gun unloaded and get it strappped at the door.

On second thought yes open carry with a CPL is allowed under the same conditions listed above. There are always hundreds of people open carrying long guns at the Novi shows. They may be for sale but they are open carried with slings.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
There are promoters that do allow OC at their events - please support them if you can

A 'strapped' gun is a club.

Since the OP is fond of double tap posting of threads :rolleyes: I will repost link and info here as well :)

From first thread

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...highlight=show

The promoter mentioned in this link went out of his way to visit a OC event on 8-8-2010 & invite us to attend his shows (most are held in Clarkston, MI a few miles north of Great Lakes Crossing Mall. He also does some shows at the Taylor Trade Center in Taylor, MI. Along with some shows in Redford, MI.

http://www.ww2collector.com/gunshow.htm

*Note* before attending any Taylor shows please contact the promoter as my experience is the folks that run that place are shall we say prone to suffering from rectal cranial inversion from time to time.
:eek:

Last edited:

maustin195

A 'strapped' gun is a club.

While I agree that it would be better to be able to carry as the law alows a strapped gun on me is better than none. I have a knife and ammo and only seconds from being able to use. Not the best but better than no gun.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
While I agree that it would be better to be able to carry as the law alows a strapped gun on me is better than none. I have a knife and ammo and only seconds from being able to use. Not the best but better than no gun.

It may take the rest of your life to cut the strap off, load, chamber and aim. No dice, for me.

I carry for my protection, and that of my family. No show or store is worth dropping my guard. YMMV

maustin195

It may take the rest of your life to cut the strap off, load, chamber and aim. No dice, for me.

I carry for my protection, and that of my family. No show or store is worth dropping my guard. YMMV

So you never go anywhere that a gun isn't allowed?

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
So you never go anywhere that a gun isn't allowed?

Unless prohibited by law (got stuck on jury duty), or where I am in a secured facility (at work).

Other than that, no, I don't. I carry for a reason; there is someone out there who has threatened to kill me and my family.