• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our Brady Score

VApatriot

I have come to understand that the OHAM law is really hurting our score, as the antis really seem to love it for some reason (though reason probably has nothing to do with it). All signs indicate that it will be off the books on July 1, so hopefully our score will greatly improve then.

TFred

I have come to understand that the OHAM law is really hurting our score, as the antis really seem to love it for some reason (though reason probably has nothing to do with it). All signs indicate that it will be off the books on July 1, so hopefully our score will greatly improve then.
Which is why it continues to astound me that California, Maryland and New Jersey are the only other states to have such a limit. What in the world were we thinking, to allow ourselves to be lumped in with that lot for ANYTHING?

TFred

2a4all

Which is why it continues to astound me that California, Maryland and New Jersey are the only other states to have such a limit. What in the world were we thinking, to allow ourselves to be lumped in with that lot for ANYTHING?

TFred
Why do gun runners flock to Virginia? Because they can't meet their demands by shopping in NJ & MD! Clearly, we need to influence these folks to repeal their foolish laws to prevent Virginia from supplying guns to NY:banghead:

TFred, I think you've put your finger on the problem.

TFred

Why do gun runners flock to Virginia? Because they can't meet their demands by shopping in NJ & MD! Clearly, we need to influence these folks to repeal their foolish laws to prevent Virginia from supplying guns to NY:banghead:

TFred, I think you've put your finger on the problem.
Well, right AFTER #1: Put the stinkin' gun-runners in JAIL!

:)

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
let's start with usag holder and his complicitious crew!

Too many laws Gentlemen!

History proves that a Society in decline always passes a profusion of useless and restrictive laws.

We were cleaning things out of Dad's house yesterday and I started looking at old pictures. There was one f me when I was around 6 (Back in the 50's) with a friend of the family's Colt 45. He showed me how to check it, load it, shoot it and clean it, that day.

You could go to nearly any Hardware store and buy a gun without paperwork although they would usually call a kids parents and ask if it was OK.
Shooting wasn't reported to the cops because it was normal AND THERE WAS A LOT LESS CRIME.

There was less crime because people were better then than they are now and there were a lot fewer laws.
It doesn't seem passing laws and putting people in jail are changing that much.

DocWalker

Idaho gets a 2, I would have really thought it would be closer to a 0?

California is the best on gun control so they shouldn't have anyone hurt by guns.......wait they had another shooting this morning at a federal building. So much for gun laws preventing gun violence.

mk4

Too many laws Gentlemen!

too many laws, yes, but... (there's always a 'but', right?)
when those appointed (anointed) to defend and enforce the laws of the land, break those laws and then perjure themselves, all to further hidden political agendas, they need to be tried, convicted and sentenced forthwith.

'we the people' grant government power over us, hopefully, for some greater good. when that power is abused, especially under the color of the law, the perpetrators need to be dealt with swiftly and harshly or we end up sliding down the proverbial slippery slope - without any brakes. some would argue that it is too late, that we're already sliding and picking up speed quickly. i tend to agree, and it troubles me greatly.

Walt_Kowalski

After reviewing their site, I see no reason why we should not have a score of -4.

Lets concentrate our efforts on the laws that these asshats would like to see passed, and get them OFF our books.

stickslinger

Lets not fret too much I guess

Arizona (0), Alaska(0), Utah(0), New Hampshire, Idaho, Montana and Vermont scored way less.