Thread: DOJ training official shoots himself in the hand while cleaning handgun

Herr Heckler Koch

DOJ training official shoots himself in the hand while cleaning handgun

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/articl...eaning-handgun
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Plummer
    Barthuly currently serves as director of the Training and Standards Bureau at the Wisconsin Department of Justice. Any accidental discharge of a weapon needs to be investigated, said Klein.
    "Accidental discharge" from a professional "only one" - or is it a nocturnal emission? Don't miss the comments here
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/1...93.html?page=1

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://www.sheboyganpress.com/articl...eaning-handgun "Accidental discharge" from a professional "only one" - or is it a nocturnal emission? Don't miss the comments here
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/1...93.html?page=1
    Dosen't say he is a training officer says he is director of training big differnents. As a former chief he most likely didn't train or do much training.

A lot of higher ups hardly know what end the bullets leave the gun.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Dosen't say he is a training officer says he is director of training big differnents. As a former chief he most likely didn't train or do much training. A lot of higher ups hardly know what end the bullets leave the gun.
    That's right. Yours is the only mention of a "training officer."

You say the "higher ups hardly know what end the bullets leave the gun," and I say the lower downs don't know either. That leaves us in the middle non-elites. Either we are equal or we are not.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 02-17-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Is this proof-positive that Jeri is right and only trained law enforcement should be able to handle handguns?

Or is it proof-positive that the DOJ "Official" could benefit greatly from taking the Yellow Cat's NRA Basic Pistol Course?

Perhaps it is proof that we must all burn into our memories the fundamental's of safe handgun handling. This would not be a story if the booger puller was not on the bang stick, and the handgun had been properly cleared.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Stories like this make me really glad I don't have to do the "dance" anymore. They say it's not if but when you have a negligent discharge. I know it's funny to point fingers because he should know better but the reality is it can happen to anyone of us, the more we have to handle the firearm the greater the chances.

This is why I always tell people to be-careful of those tricky bullets, they are sneaky and will jump back in your unloaded gun any chance they get, that's why we need to always be looking for them whenever we pick up a firearm. And I still hate magazine disconnects even though it might have prevented this, if we make something idiot proof they will just invent better idiots.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Is this proof-positive that Jeri is right and only trained law enforcement should be able to handle handguns?..
    As a former police chief, he has been trained law enforcement....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    Stories like this make me really glad I don't have to do the "dance" anymore. They say it's not if but when you have a negligent discharge. I know it's funny to point fingers because he should know better but the reality is it can happen to anyone of us, the more we have to handle the firearm the greater the chances.

This is why I always tell people to be-careful of those tricky bullets, they are sneaky and will jump back in your unloaded gun any chance they get, that's why we need to always be looking for them whenever we pick up a firearm. And I still hate magazine disconnects even though it might have prevented this, if we make something idiot proof they will just invent better idiots.
    Did you notice in the last class how many people raised their hands when asked if they had ever had a negligent or accidental discharge? I would guess at least 15 people raised their hands out of 175 or so. That is scary.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Yes, I did notice. It happens and will continue to happen.
    Say hi to Jeri for me.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    I would love to Dennis, but I do not know andybody by that name.
    Buh bye.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Banned
    He's just a disappointed packer fan ....