• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ training official shoots himself in the hand while cleaning handgun

H

Herr Heckler Koch

XDFDE45

rolling.gif

Firearms Iinstuctor

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/artic...-Lac-police-chief-hurt-while-cleaning-handgun "Accidental discharge" from a professional "only one" - or is it a nocturnal emission? Don't miss the comments here
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/139510293.html?page=1

Dosen't say he is a training officer says he is director of training big differnents. As a former chief he most likely didn't train or do much training.

A lot of higher ups hardly know what end the bullets leave the gun.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Dosen't say he is a training officer says he is director of training big differnents. As a former chief he most likely didn't train or do much training. A lot of higher ups hardly know what end the bullets leave the gun.
That's right. Yours is the only mention of a "training officer."

You say the "higher ups hardly know what end the bullets leave the gun," and I say the lower downs don't know either. That leaves us in the middle non-elites. Either we are equal or we are not.

Last edited:

jpm84092

Is this proof-positive that Jeri is right and only trained law enforcement should be able to handle handguns?

Or is it proof-positive that the DOJ "Official" could benefit greatly from taking the Yellow Cat's NRA Basic Pistol Course?

Perhaps it is proof that we must all burn into our memories the fundamental's of safe handgun handling. This would not be a story if the booger puller was not on the bang stick, and the handgun had been properly cleared.

Yellow Cat Out -

Jason in WI

Stories like this make me really glad I don't have to do the "dance" anymore. They say it's not if but when you have a negligent discharge. I know it's funny to point fingers because he should know better but the reality is it can happen to anyone of us, the more we have to handle the firearm the greater the chances.

This is why I always tell people to be-careful of those tricky bullets, they are sneaky and will jump back in your unloaded gun any chance they get, that's why we need to always be looking for them whenever we pick up a firearm. And I still hate magazine disconnects even though it might have prevented this, if we make something idiot proof they will just invent better idiots.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Stories like this make me really glad I don't have to do the "dance" anymore. They say it's not if but when you have a negligent discharge. I know it's funny to point fingers because he should know better but the reality is it can happen to anyone of us, the more we have to handle the firearm the greater the chances.

This is why I always tell people to be-careful of those tricky bullets, they are sneaky and will jump back in your unloaded gun any chance they get, that's why we need to always be looking for them whenever we pick up a firearm. And I still hate magazine disconnects even though it might have prevented this, if we make something idiot proof they will just invent better idiots.

Did you notice in the last class how many people raised their hands when asked if they had ever had a negligent or accidental discharge? I would guess at least 15 people raised their hands out of 175 or so. That is scary.

Miggs

Did you notice in the last class how many people raised their hands when asked if they had ever had a negligent or accidental discharge? I would guess at least 15 people raised their hands out of 175 or so. That is scary.

Yes, I did notice. It happens and will continue to happen.