• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Champion of Gun Rights, Virgil Goode, forms Presidential Campaign Committee

TFred

“If I’m fortunate enough to get the nomination of the Constitution Party, I will take as many votes from Obama as I would from the Republican nominee,” he said.

I don't know how any sane person can honestly think this is true.

I guess they're going to run someone, but there is no way this can help us.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've known Virgil since 1980, like him and respect him. He is not 100% pro weapons or gun though.
He was dethroned by his opponent registering college students.

His real constituents have always supported him.

If any 3rd party candidates have a chance, I'd say it was him and this election could be the one. I can't vote for anything on the radar now, and a vote for Virgil is better than a vote for Jimmy Hoffa or Micky Mouse.

Old Virginia Joe

I'm a Constitution party man---still have the Peroutka for Pres sticker on my Lumina from 8 years ago! Voted CP in the last 2 Presidential elections. So did my wife. But, I'm not sure we can do that again this year. The USS Amerika is about to go over the falls, and I ain't sure I can contribute to that effort. Hell of a situation we find ourselves in, isn't it? Heard an ad this week, saying the GOP establishment gave us Bob Dole (crash), then they gave us John McCain (crash), and now they want to give us Romney? Here we go again . . . . Good ad. Of course, the press is the one who really "creates" our weak GOP candidate for us, then, after we are committed, they tear him to pieces.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm a Constitution party man---still have the Peroutka for Pres sticker on my Lumina from 8 years ago! Voted CP in the last 2 Presidential elections. So did my wife. But, I'm not sure we can do that again this year. The USS Amerika is about to go over the falls, and I ain't sure I can contribute to that effort. Hell of a situation we find ourselves in, isn't it? Heard an ad this week, saying the GOP establishment gave us Bob Dole (crash), then they gave us John McCain (crash), and now they want to give us Romney? Here we go again . . . . Good ad. Of course, the press is the one who really "creates" our weak GOP candidate for us, then, after we are committed, they tear him to pieces.

It doesn't matter if it's Obama or Romney...we're going down.
It's time for a change. We're fresh out of time.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Happy to be Constitution Party!

The GOP is dead (Bush -41), dead (Bush-43) and dead at Obummer's enablers' hands - like the Manchurian Candidate Mclame. If there is to be regime change then let it be now while my blood is hot and my grip firm. Better now for my daughter.

Repeater

It doesn't matter if it's Obama or Romney...we're going down.
It's time for a change. We're fresh out of time.

Is America over? Patrick J. Buchanan warns that it might be. His new book, "Suicide of a Superpower" is not being well received by the Establishment:
Documented in the 488 pages and 1,500 footnotes of Suicide of a Superpower is my thesis that America is Balkanizing, breaking down along the lines of religion, race, ethnicity, culture, and ideology and that Western peoples are facing demographic death by century’s end. Are such subjects taboo? Are they unfit for national debate?

Game over?

Old Virginia Joe

Is America over? Patrick J. Buchanan warns that it might be. His new book, "Suicide of a Superpower" is not being well received by the Establishment:

Game over?

If so, what should we remaining patriots be doing to be ready? Is there anything that really matters, or will we all be stripped of any preps we might be doing in the meantime? Any serious links that teach how we should look at these warning signs, since it looks like the scale is now tipped against our kind?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If so, what should we remaining patriots be doing to be ready? Is there anything that really matters, or will we all be stripped of any preps we might be doing in the meantime? Any serious links that teach how we should look at these warning signs, since it looks like the scale is now tipped against our kind?

This isn't a survival board Joe. The net is full of them and most are nuts. If you want to know what you can count on in any emergency or disaster, look in the mirror because in the real world, that's all you have.

Old Virginia Joe

This isn't a survival board Joe. The net is full of them and most are nuts. If you want to know what you can count on in any emergency or disaster, look in the mirror because in the real world, that's all you have.

Yeah, I know the other boards are full of "nuts"---that's why I thought I might look here for some sage direction from like-minded fellows on a slight tangent OT after others led into politics and recent books. Guess I'm not one of the "permitted" ones who is allowed to stray. Sorry.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, I know the other boards are full of "nuts"---that's why I thought I might look here for some sage direction from like-minded fellows on a slight tangent OT after others led into politics and recent books. Guess I'm not one of the "permitted" ones who is allowed to stray. Sorry.

Straying is fine with me Joe, you just won't get a lot here I don't think.

Head over here:
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=6f594a3d55c51602382ed9d320440698&board=1.0

Caution...Lots of people who don't like Building Inspectors:lol:

user

Accomplished Advocate
If he is who I think he is, his father was a luminary in the world of Virginia attorneys - I've got a few books from his estate. I expect when he means to implement the Constitution, he really means it. The apple don't fall far from the tree.

Old Virginia Joe

The apple don't fall far from the tree.

I've heard that saying many times, but I'm not so sure how true it is. My own Dad (I'm his eldest, and "Jr." to him and his spittin image, they say) is and has always been a committed Democrat voter, and he gets on me angrily for talking against BHO in my own house. He votes against the very lessons he whipped me to teach me, but I am not like him in SO many ways. Just saying . . . . . .

nuc65

Activist Member
I never understand blindness... so many are strictly party voters that to them there are no issues or people, only the party. I have always lent my vote based on my opinion of the person. I consider myself Republican but have many times voted outside of that line because I neither believed nor trusted the 'party' person.

I would vote for Ron Paul if he makes it far enough to be considered a candidate.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I never understand blindness... so many are strictly party voters that to them there are no issues or people, only the party. I have always lent my vote based on my opinion of the person. I consider myself Republican but have many times voted outside of that line because I neither believed nor trusted the 'party' person.

I would vote for Ron Paul if he makes it far enough to be considered a candidate.

Party votes never work well Nuc. The only real difference between the Dem's and Republicans is the Democrat's dress a little better.
Virginia used to be a Democrat state. You didn't have much chance as a Republican and in fact, Virgil was a Democrat for many years. When the two party's basically switched philosophies, Virgil became a Republican, Now it looks like he's going for the high ground again.

Repeater

Virgil used to be an Independent

Party votes never work well Nuc. The only real difference between the Dem's and Republicans is the Democrat's dress a little better.
Virginia used to be a Democrat state. You didn't have much chance as a Republican and in fact, Virgil was a Democrat for many years. When the two party's basically switched philosophies, Virgil became a Republican, Now it looks like he's going for the high ground again.

In fact, Virgil used to be an Independent. It was painful for him to leave the D party, but truthfully, they all but abandoned him as it became more and more Progressive, which is to say Marxist/Leninist.

It took Virgil some time to complete the process of becoming a Republican. Now he's switched to the Constitution Party, obviously because the GOP Establishment couldn't care less about our Constitution.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
In fact, Virgil used to be an Independent. It was painful for him to leave the D party, but truthfully, they all but abandoned him as it became more and more Progressive, which is to say Marxist/Leninist.

It took Virgil some time to complete the process of becoming a Republican. Now he's switched to the Constitution Party, obviously because the GOP Establishment couldn't care less about our Constitution.

Thanks Repeater!
I'd forgotten about the independent period.

It would be interesting introducing Dan Hawes to Virgil. The two are a lot alike and you can't win an argument with either.

Last edited: