• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC-off topic, but this might be the bad guy of the week...

mk4

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Son-wants-to-evict-98-year-old-mom-3337069.php

"FAIRFIELD -- The last thing Mary Kantorowski thought she would have to worry about in her golden years was having a place to live.

After all, her husband, a machinist, had worked two jobs for dozens of years just so he, his wife and their two sons could live comfortably in their Flax Road home. But here it was on her 98th birthday that Mary is now facing eviction -- at the hands of her eldest son, Peter Kantorowski."

karma has a way of paying back d&%$#bags like this.

wylde007

The courts are going to find in favor of the elderly woman if the document had language regarding the condition of her residence. You can't quitclaim a condition under someone elses authority.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I think I made that quite clear in my post.

No, you said "The courts are going to find in favor of the elderly woman..."

I responded by saying tenancy laws vary significantly from state to state, and they do not always favor the tenant. In fact, they often favor the landlord, as they stand to loose a lot more than the tenant.