• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg OC Lunch - Saturday Feb. 25, 2012 @ 12:30 The Blue Dahlia (Graves Mill Rd)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Ladies and Gentlemen I've been derelict in scheduling a lunch or dinner time for us locals to attend, so let's meet at The Blue Dahlia on Graves Mill Rd next Saturday (2/25/2012) at 12:30 pm. For those wondering where the restaurant is on Graves Mill Rd (GMR) let me clarify that it sits down the hill toward the residential area of GMR across from the Food Lion and Methodist (?) Church at Forest Rd (Rt. 221). Thus if you're on Rt. 221 you have to turn toward the car wash and gas station and not toward the church or grocery store.

Nuc65 planned a lunch for us down there last year or so and my wife and I have been regulars there for a couple years. As usual we look forward to seeing you there and we only make a couple requests. Please refrain from consuming alcohol during this lunch if you're carrying and please no firearm handling. See, easy stuff. :)

Please let us know if you can make it so we can reserve a seat for you!

Their website is: http://thebluedahlia.net .

The address is:
2200 Graves Mill Road
Forest, VA 245501

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
We'll look forward to having you love4guns! If you have friends or family that would like to attend, please bring them along as we intend these as family friendly outings. If you can let us know that others are coming that's great, but if not we'll see them when they get there.

So far we have the following:
jmelvin & mrs.jmelvin - 2
nuc65 - 1
love4guns -1

There are several others I need to alert personally since they don't always follow the board.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Good stuff Amtilton!

So far:

nuc65 - 1
love4guns -1
amtilton - 1

Hopefully some others will reply! I'm still waiting to hear from the others I promised to contact.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the consideration nuc! I thought I'd talked to you about it, but who knows. :)

The count now is:

nuc65 - 1
love4guns -1
amtilton - 1
Jero1987 - 1

Mrs.Jero won't be able to make it, but I asked Jero to bring any friends who hadn't come before. I have feelers out to get at least 2 other guys who attend, but don't post, but haven't received any reply from them. There was a gentleman who attended our last lunch who follows the board, but doesn't post so I hope he'll come along as well. Looking forward to seeing y'all Saturday. :)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I don't know why this thread got un-stickied before the event, but here's a post to put it up top again. For those that might not know where to look at the restaurant if you find a table with a chubby white guy and a shaved head that's probably us. Come on over! Look forward to seeing y'all soon. :)

nuc65

Activist Member
I don't know why this thread got un-stickied before the event, but here's a post to put it up top again. For those that might not know where to look at the restaurant if you find a table with a chubby white guy and a shaved head that's probably us. Come on over! Look forward to seeing y'all soon. :)

Hair
XXX

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thank you all who showed up. I enjoyed lunch with y'all and hope to see you again next time.

The wifester and I continued our OC dining shortly after leaving Blue Dahlia while getting some dessert over at Father's Table, which has become a regular place for our lunches. Our dessert was excellent as always and the staff was quite friendly like they always are. For those looking for Father's Table, check them out next door to the Goodwill shop on Rt. 221 (Forest Rd).