• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Likelihood of open carry becoming legal in florida? and when?

ADulay

Gathering evidence all the time that the 'briefly' crap isn't working...

Has anyone had any problems with the "briefly" article so far?

It hasn't been a problem with me and I'm "briefly" exposed several times a day in pretty much every public spot that's out there during my day to day travels.

Yes, it would be nice to have a firm definition of "briefly" but for now, I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with it.

AD (coming up on one full year of daily open carry!)

Sig229

This is not the one I sent but this is showing up on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/FLopencarry/. Maybe they will get the message. If you ever get a chance to talk to an LEO running for Sheriff always make sure you mention SB234 and your disappointment. Not all LEO's supported the FSA in their efforts that year and before I support any of them running for election I ask where they stood.

-
398419_292036754196400_100001702326416_752532_423285045_n.jpg

Now that is an awesome pic!

I hope you guys get OC soon.
Thats about all I do up here and find it much more comfortable.

I think you folks are on the right track though. Keep pressure on your elected officials and local PD's and dont stop until you get what you deserve.

Rich7553

Has anyone had any problems with the "briefly" article so far?

It hasn't been a problem with me and I'm "briefly" exposed several times a day in pretty much every public spot that's out there during my day to day travels.

Yes, it would be nice to have a firm definition of "briefly" but for now, I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with it.

AD (coming up on one full year of daily open carry!)

http://www.floridacarry.org/index.p...t-exposure-of-handguns&catid=8:news&Itemid=14

"Briefly" didn't work for him.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
After SB234 I am doubtful that we will ever see open carry in Florida. Too many corrupt politicians and uneducated voters who don't care.

ADulay

Yes, I remember following that case when it came up. Nice job by you guys for sure.

The initial circumstances of that one were kind of wierd, but I do get the point that is being made here.

A complete and "correct" definition of BRIEFLY would be a nice update to the law for sure.

Here's hoping I don't run into a bad situation where my idea of "briefly" doesn't jive with the officer's definition of "briefly".

Only time will tell for now.

And I agree with everyone else here. Open Carry would solve a whole lot of the problems for sure.

AD

j4l

We need a list of the Rhinos that sabotaged the last attempt to get open carry passed. We should mount a campaign to vote out any of them coming up for re-election.

Indeed.

Not only the representatives and Sherrifs (which, ultimately, is ALL of them) who screwed us, but do NOT forget that the State's prosecuting attourneys are ELECTED, as well. Be sure to give them the boot in Nov., as well. ALL of them. The FPAA was right there with the FSA driving the lobbying AGAINST our rights.

These are the 20 elected PA's for Florida:
William Eddins
Pensacola

William N. Meggs
Tallahassee

Robert "Skip" L. Jarvis, Jr.
Live Oak

Angela Corey
Jacksonville

Brad King
Ocala

Bernie McCabe
Clearwater

R. J. Larizza
Daytona Beach

William Cervone
Gainesville

Lawson L. Lamar
Orlando

Jerry Hill
Bartow

Katherine Fernandez Rundle
Miami

Earl Moreland
Sarasota

Mark A. Ober
Tampa

Glenn Hess
Panama City

Michael McAuliffe
West Palm Beach

Dennis W. Ward
Key West

Michael J. Satz
Fort Lauderdale

Norman R. Wolfinger
Viera

Bruce H. Colton
Fort Pierce

Stephen Russell
Fort Myers

http://www.myfpaa.org/

And the Judges, as well, who would uphold the anti-rights nonsense we face:
http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Florida_judicial_elections,_2012

And good one on the FSA flyer. I havent gotten anything mailings-wise, just the usual cold-calls via phone from FSA, FOP, etc. All of them get an earful when I answer. But if I get any in the mail, as well, I will do the same and send it back. Feedback, however small, is vital- they NEED to hear that they jeapordize their fund-drives, and other support when they ACTIVELY work to stab the citizens they claim to "serve and protect" in the back.

77zach

Was there a document signed by all these attorney's or did someone just do it on behalf of all of them without really consulting them. I ask because Brad King's brother leads my sunday school class.

j4l

Was there a document signed by all these attorney's or did someone just do it on behalf of all of them without really consulting them. I ask because Brad King's brother leads my sunday school class.

Right after they helped kill off our bill, they plastered their boasts all over their main page, and about how now Florida is "safer" because of their hard lobbying efforts..etc. etc. The page has since been updated, of course, but I had linked it back then, at the time it was up.

http://www.myfpaa.org/index.php

Phssthpok

I received a similar FSA mailing for Brevard County.

I came >< this close to dashing off a diatribe in response asking why I should choose to financially support a known Criminal Gang (engaged in Terrorism to boot!) in direct violation of 18 USC 2339A. :mad:

Scorpion9k

While I agree with most of you that the legislature may be the gatekeeper in all of this, the public image war is going to have to win first and foremost. The legislature knows how to manipulate what they say and do so that the masses follow blindly. To them this issue is black and white. Guns = violence. When you have all these liberal students amassing protests for causes they don't even understand, nothing is going to get done unfortunately.

As said in a previous post, until someone stands up and puts their foot down, which is unlikely, or we finally start to make people realize that law abiding citizens exercising their second amendment right is a benefit to everyone's safety, we won't get anywhere.

Baroldo

Now we have a list to work on! Thanks for the info, no one else seemed interested.

:D:D
Indeed.

Not only the representatives and Sherrifs (which, ultimately, is ALL of them) who screwed us, but do NOT forget that the State's prosecuting attourneys are ELECTED, as well. Be sure to give them the boot in Nov., as well. ALL of them. The FPAA was right there with the FSA driving the lobbying AGAINST our rights.

These are the 20 elected PA's for Florida:
William Eddins
Pensacola

William N. Meggs
Tallahassee

Robert "Skip" L. Jarvis, Jr.
Live Oak

Angela Corey
Jacksonville

Brad King
Ocala

Bernie McCabe
Clearwater

R. J. Larizza
Daytona Beach

William Cervone
Gainesville

Lawson L. Lamar
Orlando

Jerry Hill
Bartow

Katherine Fernandez Rundle
Miami

Earl Moreland
Sarasota

Mark A. Ober
Tampa

Glenn Hess
Panama City

Michael McAuliffe
West Palm Beach

Dennis W. Ward
Key West

Michael J. Satz
Fort Lauderdale

Norman R. Wolfinger
Viera

Bruce H. Colton
Fort Pierce

Stephen Russell
Fort Myers

http://www.myfpaa.org/

And the Judges, as well, who would uphold the anti-rights nonsense we face:
http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Florida_judicial_elections,_2012

And good one on the FSA flyer. I havent gotten anything mailings-wise, just the usual cold-calls via phone from FSA, FOP, etc. All of them get an earful when I answer. But if I get any in the mail, as well, I will do the same and send it back. Feedback, however small, is vital- they NEED to hear that they jeapordize their fund-drives, and other support when they ACTIVELY work to stab the citizens they claim to "serve and protect" in the back.

77zach

IMO, OC will be a very long time in the making here now because of the media false flag regarding hoodlum Treyvon Martin. I think the Party will use this as an excuse to say OC is dangerous, even though in reality OC would have not mattered in Zimmerman's case. Actually, if anything, it might have prevented the hoodlum from attacking in the first place.

What do you think?

j4l

IMO, OC will be a very long time in the making here now because of the media false flag regarding hoodlum Treyvon Martin. I think the Party will use this as an excuse to say OC is dangerous, even though in reality OC would have not mattered in Zimmerman's case. Actually, if anything, it might have prevented the hoodlum from attacking in the first place.

What do you think?

Dont disagree, but..common-sense, and reason are simply incompatible with this Legislature. Unless/unitl it is replaced with sane, rational folks, OC is a pipe-dream.
And now, with nonsense about an announcement at 1800 hrs, that Z might have charges on him from the Special Prosecutor.. just more ammo for the antis', and probably about time for us to have a "protest" of our own.