• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robbery at Walmart in Lancaster, S.C.

Ricky

Did anybody see the 11pm news tonight where 2 or 3 bad guys walked right up to the service desk flashed their guns and walked out with the money bags? People wonder why we carry and carry in Walmart! You all see how quick this could have turned bad....

rdinatal

As the economy stays flat this is probably going to happen more.

Question... If you were there when the robbery happened what would you have done?

Just watch?
Interfered and probably instigated a firefight?
Pick out a fresh carton of milk on the other side of the store oblivious?

-R

PistolPackingMomma

Unless someone's life was in danger, I would stay out of sight if possible. Large companies have insurance for things like this. It's abhorrent, and I hope they're caught and punished, but I wouldn't risk my life for a sack of someone else's money, especially when out numbered.

Glock19fan

If I would have been there, I would have stayed out of it. I really dont carry to protect other people, I carry to protect my family and myself and at least to give us a chance from the armed thugs out there who dont care about anything but themselves. For me its not my fight. Just my 2 cents on it.

E.J.

spiderjohn

If I would have been there, I would have stayed out of it. I really dont carry to protect other people, I carry to protect my family and myself and at least to give us a chance from the armed thugs out there who dont care about anything but themselves. For me its not my fight. Just my 2 cents on it.

E.J.

Ditto. +1000000. I ain't the Sherrif. Especially not carrying to protect the money of big business.

Ricky

I would have stayed out of it for sure. But, had I been standing close and they started shooting and felt me or my family were in danger Yes I would have shot back. Tough call, a lot of people around Walmart I'd hate to live with hitting a innocent bystander. Again, it would have to be extremely close or directed towards me before I shot back. My original post wasn't meant to sound like we as gun owners would save the day just to the fact that had it turned out different than it did I had the means to protect my life or families.....

Glock19fan

I would have stayed out of it for sure. But, had I been standing close and they started shooting and felt me or my family were in danger Yes I would have shot back. Tough call, a lot of people around Walmart I'd hate to live with hitting a innocent bystander. Again, it would have to be extremely close or directed towards me before I shot back. My original post wasn't meant to sound like we as gun owners would save the day just to the fact that had it turned out different than it did I had the means to protect my life or families.....

I agree with you on that. If I could get my family out of there I would have done that. If my family was in the line of fire, then all bets are out the window. Like I would tell my platoon in Iraq when faced with the split second decision of life or death, I would much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

E.J.

Shimmer

I agree with you on that. If I could get my family out of there I would have done that. If my family was in the line of fire, then all bets are out the window. Like I would tell my platoon in Iraq when faced with the split second decision of life or death, I would much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

E.J.

Call me a bit more "quick to the draw," but if they drew and started waving their weapons around, that might be the time I duck behind a counter and take aim. Until that point, though, I'm staying the hell out of it. Not my job to save Walmart money.

Glock19fan

Call me a bit more "quick to the draw," but if they drew and started waving their weapons around, that might be the time I duck behind a counter and take aim. Until that point, though, I'm staying the hell out of it. Not my job to save Walmart money.

I am staying out of it too if all possible. I aint trying trying to be Lone Ranger but really who knows for sure what they would do but I believe that cooler heads will or would prevail in that situation.

E.J.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, I certainly don't want to be the one to start a gun fight either. I'm going to be with jimd_21 over in the underoos section unless one of my loved ones is in imminent danger or maybe, unless it escalates past a robbery. If an escalation occurred, my decision is going to be based on a page's worth of factors that I'm going to have split seconds to process. Maybe I'll just stay home more. ..