Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop Culture Pacifist: Making the World a More Dangerous Place.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Pop Culture Pacifist: Making the World a More Dangerous Place.

Thanks for the link, good read.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Very good read. Thanks for posting!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

That website has awful formatting for widescreen.

Also, great read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Actually, I could argue the case for having the permit and a firearm 'just in case'.

But it wouldn't be a casual strategy. You'd have to include practice, training the family in firearm use, having a backup firearm and just using the firearm in the house.

Though on the surface it would look like a person who wasn't fearful enough, wasn't aware enough of the dangers 'out there', in reality it could just be a transparent, but effective and well-thought out regime. It would include basic fortifications, doors, windows, alarm, motion-detection lights, taking care entering and leaving (where the danger of not carrying on the person is most evident).

I think statistically, proper use of a firearm to defend the home where you can't retreat, can't escape easily, need to protect (sleeping kids) is where a majority of people could bolster their SD plans with minimal difficulty and not feel they live in a dangerous society. If we listen to our 'senses' we know how to avoid danger out there early enough to avoid them in many cases.

I feel you'd have a self-defense solution for 99.9% of events you might expect to encounter.
    ====

Where it breaks down is where society is weakest. The young, the weak, the females, elderly and disabled need to be allowed and enabled to have protection out in the world where they are the first targets.

FWIW
    Last edited by sawah; 02-18-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    This Markel guy is way too indoctrinated. Look at what it did to that McX person.
    That McX "person" is known personally to members here. Many call him friend.

Which is a hell of a lot more than we can say for you. So how about you mind your own business.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Ooh, drama!

"I see by looking at your previous posts you like to try to irritate people with your smarmy posts. I used to have a dog named Odd Todd that liked to try to irritate me but I never let him. Worst dog I ever had."

"Its like duh, I knew the mcx person was a poster here once upon a time. This is a public forum and anything posted that I read is my business and I will not be lectured by the likes of you."
    whiskey tango foxtrot

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    This Markel guy is way too indoctrinated. Look at what it did to that McX person.
    Say hi to Jeri for me.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Great article. Thanks for posting it
    Member:
    GOA-Life, NRA, WCI.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Ooh, drama!
    No drama. Same old piece of sh*t troll Logables posting under his 15 or so handle. He will be banned in a few days only to resurface yet again.

What a twisted and pathetic soul.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

This post has been approved by McX and is dedicating to our very own stalking Troll Logables.

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

say hello to jerry

"I see by looking at your previous posts you like to try to irritate people with your smarmy posts. I used to have a dog named Odd Todd that liked to try to irritate me but I never let him. Worst dog I ever had."

"Its like duh, I knew the mcx person was a poster here once upon a time. This is a public forum and anything posted that I read is my business and I will not be lectured by the likes of you."
    your location: Ripps Bar

you should not drink and drive nor drink and post

As For Mcx you can GFYS Mcx is a good person
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

"If you would bother to read, I never said this mcx person was good or bad or anything else. I read a couple posts about his change of lifestyle and why. You tell me to GFYS, you do the same."
    You, like Doug/Master Doug/Herr Heckler Doug, are in violation of OCDO rules. Reported. Buh bye.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

"From one piece of sh*t to another piece of sh*t that being you, looking back on your posts you have contributed absolutely NOTHING here except sh*t. Youtube and your other smarta$$ junk equals NOTHING."

"So you say I am twisted and pathetic, your opinion. PDF files can be a bitch, just MY OPINION."
    Personal attack. Reported. Buh bye.

Exclamation Be Aware Of The Cyber Stalker...He Is Also Stalking Us In Person....

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Ooh, drama!
    I think so too .. like he is looking for sympathy for choosing his profession.

And his profession is one reason why I own and carry ... I simply cannot trust these "public servants" whose main concern is to their union

"Better do some reading Dennis. I was personally attacked by hamlet first in this thread. I will respond in kind when attacked. Be it by anyone. That includes you Dennis."
    Buh bye.

If you didn't let him, why are you still mentioning it? If I owned a dog that could intellectually outclass me enough to remark how ineffective it was at influencing my feelings (long after it was no longer around), I'd probably hate the thing, too.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 02-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.

"Better do some reading Dennis. I was personally attacked by hamlet first in this thread. I will respond in kind when attacked. Be it by anyone. That includes you Dennis."
    "Dennis".

"That is very nice of you to wish me goodbye in numerous threads. You are so sweet, are you looking for a bromance, Dennis?"
    If you know my name, let's hear it.

"That is very nice of you to wish me goodbye in numerous threads. You are so sweet, are you looking for a bromance, Dennis?"
    Personal attack. Reported. Buh bye.

Stalking & Harassment Laws Of Wisconsin....

Link: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/cvs/stalking/wcadv-doc.pdf

Criminal Harassment, Wis. Stat. sec. 947.013, is different than stalking but may be charged in some stalking
    situations.

The crime of harassment occurs when a person engages in a course of conduct or certain acts against a victim.
    Harassment occurs whenever a person, with the intent to “harass or intimidate” the victim, either:
    • “Strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects the person to physical contact or attempts or threatens to
    do the same,” or
    • “Engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which harass or intimidate the person and
    which serve no legitimate purpose.”

Report stalkers and harassers to the admins of this site.

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Link: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/cvs/stalking/wcadv-doc.pdf

• “Engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which harass or intimidate the person and
    which serve no legitimate purpose.”

Admins have been notified multiple times.

So how do we take it to the next level? I for one will not attend any events, especially Lizzy's, since this freak show openly admitted stalking members there.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

"That is a serious accusation to make. I am very disappointed by your trash talk. Post has been reported to admin."
    Your post is in violation of OCDO rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast