• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pop Culture Pacifist: Making the World a More Dangerous Place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawah

Actually, I could argue the case for having the permit and a firearm 'just in case'.

But it wouldn't be a casual strategy. You'd have to include practice, training the family in firearm use, having a backup firearm and just using the firearm in the house.

Though on the surface it would look like a person who wasn't fearful enough, wasn't aware enough of the dangers 'out there', in reality it could just be a transparent, but effective and well-thought out regime. It would include basic fortifications, doors, windows, alarm, motion-detection lights, taking care entering and leaving (where the danger of not carrying on the person is most evident).

I think statistically, proper use of a firearm to defend the home where you can't retreat, can't escape easily, need to protect (sleeping kids) is where a majority of people could bolster their SD plans with minimal difficulty and not feel they live in a dangerous society. If we listen to our 'senses' we know how to avoid danger out there early enough to avoid them in many cases.

I feel you'd have a self-defense solution for 99.9% of events you might expect to encounter.
====

Where it breaks down is where society is weakest. The young, the weak, the females, elderly and disabled need to be allowed and enabled to have protection out in the world where they are the first targets.

FWIW

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

This Markel guy is way too indoctrinated. Look at what it did to that McX person.

That McX "person" is known personally to members here. Many call him friend.

Which is a hell of a lot more than we can say for you. So how about you mind your own business.

Miggs

That McX "person" is known personally to members here. Many call him friend.

Which is a hell of a lot more than we can say for you. So how about you mind your own business.

"I see by looking at your previous posts you like to try to irritate people with your smarmy posts. I used to have a dog named Odd Todd that liked to try to irritate me but I never let him. Worst dog I ever had."

"Its like duh, I knew the mcx person was a poster here once upon a time. This is a public forum and anything posted that I read is my business and I will not be lectured by the likes of you."

Last edited:

WCrawford

"I see by looking at your previous posts you like to try to irritate people with your smarmy posts. I used to have a dog named Odd Todd that liked to try to irritate me but I never let him. Worst dog I ever had."

"Its like duh, I knew the mcx person was a poster here once upon a time. This is a public forum and anything posted that I read is my business and I will not be lectured by the likes of you."

whiskey tango foxtrot

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Miggs

No drama. Same old piece of sh*t troll Logables posting under his 15 or so handle. He will be banned in a few days only to resurface yet again.

:uhoh: What a twisted and pathetic soul.

"From one piece of sh*t to another piece of sh*t that being you, looking back on your posts you have contributed absolutely NOTHING here except sh*t. Youtube and your other smarta$$ junk equals NOTHING."

"So you say I am twisted and pathetic, your opinion. PDF files can be a bitch, just MY OPINION."

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

This post has been approved by McX and is dedicating to our very own stalking Troll Logables.

[video=youtube;IRDnEqW1vAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRDnEqW1vAc&feature=related[/video]

Miggs

This post has been approved by McX and is dedicating to our very own stalking Troll Logables.

[video=youtube;IRDnEqW1vAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRDnEqW1vAc&feature=related[/video]

"And once again, this dudes claim to fame, posting Youtube music videos that are meaningless and off topic on a firearms forum. You are stalking someone I have never seen on this forum or even heard of. So sweet of you to dedicate a song to someone who may not exist. A bromance in the making, perhaps. This mcx person done swore off carrying a gun so he/she is old news. Better yet no news."

Last edited:

Packfanatic

say hello to jerry

your location: Ripps Bar

you should not drink and drive nor drink and post

As For Mcx you can GFYS Mcx is a good person

Miggs

your location: Ripps Bar

you should not drink and drive nor drink and post

As For Mcx you can GFYS Mcx is a good person

"If you would bother to read, I never said this mcx person was good or bad or anything else. I read a couple posts about his change of lifestyle and why. You tell me to GFYS, you do the same."

Last edited:

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
"From one piece of sh*t to another piece of sh*t that being you, looking back on your posts you have contributed absolutely NOTHING here except sh*t. Youtube and your other smarta$$ junk equals NOTHING."

"So you say I am twisted and pathetic, your opinion. PDF files can be a bitch, just MY OPINION."

Personal attack. Reported. Buh bye.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.