Thread: how far do my 2nd amendment rights go?

how far do my 2nd amendment rights go?

The 7-11 owners that i have known for almost a year had a recent shoplifting incident and the shoplifter ran the car through the main doors trying to hit the owners coming out to stop him. They have had a recent string of robberies and even the jumping of an employee by regular customers on his way home near his work. I was going to ask them if they needed a security guard or someone to just be there when they can't be there. If I am hired on, do i have to get a guard card to open carry? Or do i just need consent from the owners in the event they do not mind the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    The 7-11 owners that i have known for almost a year had a recent shoplifting incident and the shoplifter ran the car through the main doors trying to hit the owners coming out to stop him. They have had a recent string of robberies and even the jumping of an employee by regular customers on his way home near his work. I was going to ask them if they needed a security guard or someone to just be there when they can't be there. If I am hired on, do i have to get a guard card to open carry? Or do i just need consent from the owners in the event they do not mind the idea?
    Just my opinion but I would not put myself in that position. If I was working behind the counter and wanted protection for myself, that's one thing. But for store security, all concerned would be better off with licensed, bonded, security guards.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Just my opinion but I would not put myself in that position. If I was working behind the counter and wanted protection for myself, that's one thing. But for store security, all concerned would be better off with licensed, bonded, security guards.

TBG
    X2 and trained!

Carrying to defend YOURSELF, even if an employee, is fine.

But if you are purposely carrying to defend the store, I believe that may be illegal unless you were a trained armed guard with the appropriate sheriff's card.

I don't do guard training, nor know all the rules. American Shooters does guard training and should know the rules.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip