• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how far do my 2nd amendment rights go?

punisherprice

The 7-11 owners that i have known for almost a year had a recent shoplifting incident and the shoplifter ran the car through the main doors trying to hit the owners coming out to stop him. They have had a recent string of robberies and even the jumping of an employee by regular customers on his way home near his work. I was going to ask them if they needed a security guard or someone to just be there when they can't be there. If I am hired on, do i have to get a guard card to open carry? Or do i just need consent from the owners in the event they do not mind the idea?

The Big Guy

The 7-11 owners that i have known for almost a year had a recent shoplifting incident and the shoplifter ran the car through the main doors trying to hit the owners coming out to stop him. They have had a recent string of robberies and even the jumping of an employee by regular customers on his way home near his work. I was going to ask them if they needed a security guard or someone to just be there when they can't be there. If I am hired on, do i have to get a guard card to open carry? Or do i just need consent from the owners in the event they do not mind the idea?

Just my opinion but I would not put myself in that position. If I was working behind the counter and wanted protection for myself, that's one thing. But for store security, all concerned would be better off with licensed, bonded, security guards.

TBG

FallonJeeper

Just my opinion but I would not put myself in that position. If I was working behind the counter and wanted protection for myself, that's one thing. But for store security, all concerned would be better off with licensed, bonded, security guards.

TBG

X2 and trained!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Carrying to defend YOURSELF, even if an employee, is fine.

But if you are purposely carrying to defend the store, I believe that may be illegal unless you were a trained armed guard with the appropriate sheriff's card.

I don't do guard training, nor know all the rules. American Shooters does guard training and should know the rules.