Thread: Are Giant Eagles OC Friendly?

Are Giant Eagles OC Friendly?

I'll be coming back to Cleveland for a while to finish up some business, I didn't have my WA state CC permit then, or a handgun (since I had to fly in), so, I never had to worry about carrying issues. But I usually shopped at the Giant Eagle by I-90 on W 117th. I'll be driving in, this time, so I'll be bringing my little friend. I've been doing my part here checking laws and such, but I have no idea about stores.

I don't know about OC, but I've never seen one that was posted, and I frequently CC in them all over the west side of Cleveland, including Rocky River, Fairview Park and Lakewood.

Thanks for replying , there's usually an off-duty LEO right up front, I suppose when I get in town and drop in, I'll ask him/them (sometimes not same officer there).

Update

I had a free moment, and I actually went to Giant Eagle com page. I looked through all available options for Rules. Policies except employee related., and I found no stated policy on pistols/handguns concealed or open carry.

Hello WOD, I carry in Giant Eagle stores all the time without issues.
    On a side note, it is very easy to fly with firearms. If you don't want to disarm next time you have to fly you can always take your sidearm with you in your checked luggage. You do have to follow a few simple rules and most airlines wont give you flak.

Never had a problem in one, and I have one very close, but I'm in central Ohio just north of Columbus (just barely in Delaware county). Cleveland is one of the places in Ohio that still need a lot of hand holding, carry wise. They think that they're their own state up there, and love to ignore the ORC (Ohio Revised Code) and run on Whim of Man at their leisure. They've had the living crap sued out of them lately though and have lost in a major way, so things are changing, just make sure you check first with a Cleveland resident to get a lay of the land, and watch out for CPZ signs, they carry force of law here (they're "Magic Signs" that apparently stop criminals from carrying, who knew?!).

Thanks for additional input!

At the time I first came back, it was sort of an emergency situation.. or time sensitive situation, so flying was my only option. I only had a gym bag stuffed with clothes, as I wasn't expecting to be there as long as I ended up being there. Now that time isn't as much of a critical a factor, I know enough about where I should CC, or Lock up and unload, and also more of Airport Regulations too. I still appreciate the supplied input, and replies. Be safe!

This is a bit old, but I'm new to OCing and the first place I went into was a GE in Parma by Parmatown Mall. I can confirm there is no signage, and no one gave me any problems (although it was late at night).