Thread: You may not be able to conceal a FREE AR-15 but that doesn't mean you don't want one.

Exclamation You may not be able to conceal a FREE AR-15 but that doesn't mean you don't want one.

Hey everybody,

I've reviewed the forum rules and don't believe I am violating them with this announcement. If any mods feel otherwise, feel free to take appropriate actions to protect the best interest of your forum.

We are giving away a free upgraded BCM light weight AR-15, 1k rounds of ammo, & a 3 day carbine training course with Larry Vickers. Please help us spread the word about this awesome giveaway by sharing the following link with your friends, family, and social networks.

http://www.702shooter.com/giveaways/...vickers-class/

Ummm. this is an Open Carry Forum..... Long guns not so much unless your in Komifornia. but hey awesome i am in, I want another one.
    Beware of the Beast Within..... Under God one Nation will be returned to its Foundation!

Quote Originally Posted by jimd_21 View Post
    Ummm. this is an Open Carry Forum..... Long guns not so much unless your in Komifornia. but hey awesome i am in, I want another one.
    I'm well aware of what the forum is, hence my disclaimer in the initial post.

If my wife read about it on a Betty Crocker forum, it would still be a useful thread there.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I do not see any violation of OCDO rules and as it is RKBA related, but not about OC, it is properly posted to the General Discussions sub-forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I do not see any violation of OCDO rules and as it is RKBA related, but not about OC, it is properly posted to the General Discussions sub-forum.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Thank you.

You want it just as bad as i do.....LMAO
    Beware of the Beast Within..... Under God one Nation will be returned to its Foundation!

Banned
    I guess you could push the pin in and fold it so it could be carried ... I have a colt ... but if an emergency occurred I would be handling my AK47, not my colt. Sorry colt -- make it less jamming and it would be a slam dunk for the AR15. Never had a jam in my AK ... tens of thousands of rounds through it ...

Wouldn't spreading the word reduce our chances of winning, as it would create more entries?

I think Grapeshot should delete this thread immediately, as I have already seen the link!

But seriously, way cool package. I'm in!

--
    Peace. ~G
    Last edited by GuidoZ; 02-19-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Minor typo
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

Has anyone noticed that, as you scroll down, the slow appearance of GuidoZ' avatar resembles a gopher sticking its head out of its hole?

Just an OT observation.

These things are important.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 02-19-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Very nice AR package! Reading the "Rules" proved interesting, and made sense until I reached the final sentence - "If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected." Apparently, Larry Vickers is financially involved in the offer, and is hoping to get his name spread across the country with this offer... and that's OK! A sound marketing strategy that worked, and, based on the specs for the carbine, worth traveling some distance for - for those who are mobile enough to travel (job, school, finances, etc. could stop a lot of people from becoming a "winner" under the published rules). Nothing wrong with the concept from a business owners standpoint, I'm just sayin'. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Very nice AR package! Reading the "Rules" proved interesting, and made sense until I reached the final sentence - "If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected." Apparently, Larry Vickers is financially involved in the offer, and is hoping to get his name spread across the country with this offer... and that's OK! A sound marketing strategy that worked, and, based on the specs for the carbine, worth traveling some distance for - for those who are mobile enough to travel (job, school, finances, etc. could stop a lot of people from becoming a "winner" under the published rules). Nothing wrong with the concept from a business owners standpoint, I'm just sayin'. Pax...
    For over three grand, I can build a mighty nice platform - actually have for a whole lot less, but that doesn't take into consideration the course. You pay for the class and maybe take something nice home - good marketing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Larry's only financial involvement is in that he is being paid to conduct the class. The primary promotion here is the class itself which was paid for by nevadagunstustattorney.com, I just happen to have a gun and ammo to go along WITH it.

15 people will win slots in the class, one of them gets the other goodies as a bonus.
    Last edited by 702Shooter; 02-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.

For over three grand, I can build a mighty nice platform - actually have for a whole lot less, but that doesn't take into consideration the course. You pay for the class and maybe take something nice home - good marketing.
    You're not paying for the class, that's included in the prize package.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoZ View Post
    Wouldn't spreading the word reduce our chances of winning, as it would create more entries?

Yep, it sure would. However, spreading the word also helps my site and the sponsors involved. That in turn gets noticed by other sponsors and enables us to continue doing giveaways like this. The fewer people who participate, the fewer things we can do in the future.

Now that I'm entered I am very offended that this post is here an believe it should be deleted immediately! Hurry before anyone else from here enters!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    Now that I'm entered I am very offended that this post is here an believe it should be deleted immediately! Hurry before anyone else from here enters!!

Excuse me while I go delete your entry...

Wait wait wait. Let me rethink my position before you do that

It's refreshing to see some humor being expressed and accepted in one of these forums. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 02-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Awesomel. I'm in as soon as I get to the laptop to register... Registration page does not like my Android tablet.

Excellent giveaway. I know if I win a spot the boss will let me off to participate. Would love to go beat the hell out of the new Colt 6720 I bought a couple of weeks ago.
    A chance to win another AR is just icing on the cake too.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that, as you scroll down, the slow appearance of GuidoZ' avatar resembles a gopher sticking its head out of its hole?

Just an OT observation.

These things are important.
    They are on to me...

Quote Originally Posted by 702Shooter
    Yep, it sure would. However, spreading the word also helps my site and the sponsors involved. That in turn gets noticed by other sponsors and enables us to continue doing giveaways like this. The fewer people who participate, the fewer things we can do in the future.
    That's a might convincing argument actually... link shared.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

So you just register on the site and your entered to the give a way?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    So you just register on the site and your entered to the give a way?
    You must attend the class to actially win and be awarded the prizes.