• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You may not be able to conceal a FREE AR-15 but that doesn't mean you don't want one.

702Shooter

Hey everybody,

I've reviewed the forum rules and don't believe I am violating them with this announcement. If any mods feel otherwise, feel free to take appropriate actions to protect the best interest of your forum.

We are giving away a free upgraded BCM light weight AR-15, 1k rounds of ammo, & a 3 day carbine training course with Larry Vickers. Please help us spread the word about this awesome giveaway by sharing the following link with your friends, family, and social networks.

http://www.702shooter.com/giveaways/free-bcm-ar15-free-ammo-free-larry-vickers-class/

IMG_0002.jpg

702Shooter

Ummm. this is an Open Carry Forum..... Long guns not so much unless your in Komifornia. but hey awesome i am in, I want another one.

I'm well aware of what the forum is, hence my disclaimer in the initial post. :)

If my wife read about it on a Betty Crocker forum, it would still be a useful thread there. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do not see any violation of OCDO rules and as it is RKBA related, but not about OC, it is properly posted to the General Discussions sub-forum.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I guess you could push the pin in and fold it so it could be carried ... I have a colt ... but if an emergency occurred I would be handling my AK47, not my colt. Sorry colt -- make it less jamming and it would be a slam dunk for the AR15. Never had a jam in my AK ... tens of thousands of rounds through it ...

GuidoZ

Wouldn't spreading the word reduce our chances of winning, as it would create more entries? :D

I think Grapeshot should delete this thread immediately, as I have already seen the link! :banana:

But seriously, way cool package. I'm in!

--
Peace. ~G

Last edited:

Superlite27

Has anyone noticed that, as you scroll down, the slow appearance of GuidoZ' avatar resembles a gopher sticking its head out of its hole?

Just an OT observation.

These things are important.

Last edited:

Gil223

Very nice AR package! Reading the "Rules" proved interesting, and made sense until I reached the final sentence - "If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected." Apparently, Larry Vickers is financially involved in the offer, and is hoping to get his name spread across the country with this offer... and that's OK! A sound marketing strategy that worked, and, based on the specs for the carbine, worth traveling some distance for - for those who are mobile enough to travel (job, school, finances, etc. could stop a lot of people from becoming a "winner" under the published rules). Nothing wrong with the concept from a business owners standpoint, I'm just sayin'. Pax...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Very nice AR package! Reading the "Rules" proved interesting, and made sense until I reached the final sentence - "If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected." Apparently, Larry Vickers is financially involved in the offer, and is hoping to get his name spread across the country with this offer... and that's OK! A sound marketing strategy that worked, and, based on the specs for the carbine, worth traveling some distance for - for those who are mobile enough to travel (job, school, finances, etc. could stop a lot of people from becoming a "winner" under the published rules). Nothing wrong with the concept from a business owners standpoint, I'm just sayin'. Pax...

For over three grand, I can build a mighty nice platform - actually have for a whole lot less, but that doesn't take into consideration the course. You pay for the class and maybe take something nice home - good marketing.

702Shooter

Larry's only financial involvement is in that he is being paid to conduct the class. The primary promotion here is the class itself which was paid for by nevadagunstustattorney.com, I just happen to have a gun and ammo to go along WITH it.

15 people will win slots in the class, one of them gets the other goodies as a bonus.

Last edited:

702Shooter

For over three grand, I can build a mighty nice platform - actually have for a whole lot less, but that doesn't take into consideration the course. You pay for the class and maybe take something nice home - good marketing.

You're not paying for the class, that's included in the prize package.

702Shooter

Wouldn't spreading the word reduce our chances of winning, as it would create more entries? :D

Yep, it sure would. However, spreading the word also helps my site and the sponsors involved. That in turn gets noticed by other sponsors and enables us to continue doing giveaways like this. The fewer people who participate, the fewer things we can do in the future.

CrimsonSoul

Now that I'm entered I am very offended that this post is here an believe it should be deleted immediately! Hurry before anyone else from here enters!!

Gil223

It's refreshing to see some humor being expressed and accepted in one of these forums. Pax...

Last edited:

G30Mike

Excellent giveaway. I know if I win a spot the boss will let me off to participate. Would love to go beat the hell out of the new Colt 6720 I bought a couple of weeks ago.
A chance to win another AR is just icing on the cake too.