• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question

Hurley99

Just started Ocing about a month ago and hear Alot about how helpful a voice recorder can be. My question is do I turn it on in my pocket or do I pull it out so the Leo knows? Thanks!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Just leave it in your pocket. If you take it out when he was harassing you, then you will proll wind up in cuffs so he can erase what he knows is on your recorder. Ky is a one party state, which means if your part of. A Conversation, then your the only one that needs to know your recording.

09jisaac

Just leave it in your pocket. If you take it out when he was harassing you, then you will proll wind up in cuffs so he can erase what he knows is on your recorder. Ky is a one party state, which means if your part of. A Conversation, then your the only one that needs to know your recording.

This is my opinion of it too. Also it is best to read the law if you're going to record.

Glockster, I am not saying you're wrong. Just pointing out what you're saying.

neuroblades

Some Important Tips!

Also, a very important thing to do before you ever have to actually use your recorder, TEST IT!

Try it out in various shirt pockets, make either mental or paper notes, learn how loud you need to be and about how loud or close you need to be to the LEO in question.

Practice starting and stopping the recorder without having to look down at what you're doing. Having a complicated and complex recorder is the worst thing you can do, as the old addage goes, KISS - (Keep It Simple, Son)!

Nothing can truly ruin a horrible experience that you know you're in the right about than to play back that incriminating recording after the fact and learn that all you have recorded either sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher or your racing heartbeat! *LOL*

ALWAYS CHECK THE BATTERIES REGULARLY!