Thread: What changes were made when the new Federal Gun Laws of 2011 was passed?

What changes were made when the new Federal Gun Laws of 2011 was passed?

I was just wondering what changes were made with the new federal gun laws of 2011 was passed.

I read somewhere that we no longer have to worry about individual state laws while CC in another state and that we just have to follow the laws of our home state.

Is this true? Does any of what was passed effect OC and CC? Can't find the laws to read them.

Thanks

Not sure what Federal Gun laws you are talking about, but you absolutely must follow the laws of the state you are IN. The laws of your home state mean absolutely nothing once you cross state lines.
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 02-19-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    Not sure what Federal Gun laws you are talking about, but you absolutely must follow the laws of the state you are IN. The laws of your home state mean absolutely nothing once you cross state lines.

That is what I thought but I heard that this has changed. I am not sure and can't find the new laws.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyme View Post
    That is what I thought but I heard that this has changed. I am not sure and can't find the new laws.
    There are absolutely no dramatic new federal gun laws.

You may be thinking about H.R.822, the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act - which did pass the house, but has not gone further yet. Even if it were to pass and be signed, the individual state laws would still apply within their respective borders.
    http://firearmscoalition.org/index.p...atid=13:states
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.