• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What changes were made when the new Federal Gun Laws of 2011 was passed?

heyme

I was just wondering what changes were made with the new federal gun laws of 2011 was passed.

I read somewhere that we no longer have to worry about individual state laws while CC in another state and that we just have to follow the laws of our home state.

Is this true? Does any of what was passed effect OC and CC? Can't find the laws to read them.

Thanks

detroit_fan

Not sure what Federal Gun laws you are talking about, but you absolutely must follow the laws of the state you are IN. The laws of your home state mean absolutely nothing once you cross state lines.

Last edited:

heyme

Not sure what Federal Gun laws you are talking about, but you absolutely must follow the laws of the state you are IN. The laws of your home state mean absolutely nothing once you cross state lines.

That is what I thought but I heard that this has changed. I am not sure and can't find the new laws.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is what I thought but I heard that this has changed. I am not sure and can't find the new laws.

There are absolutely no dramatic new federal gun laws.

You may be thinking about H.R.822, the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act - which did pass the house, but has not gone further yet. Even if it were to pass and be signed, the individual state laws would still apply within their respective borders.
http://firearmscoalition.org/index....icle&id=585:vets-need-support&catid=13:states