Thread: New Toy Ruger SR22

Thumbs up New Toy Ruger SR22

Purchased this yesterday. Came with two 10 round magazines, soft carry case, large and small grip, and 2 mag pinky extenders. Took it to the range today and fired about 250 rounds with no failures. Accurate out the box. Very fun and cheap to shoot. Highly recommended

Looks like a fun gun to shoot.

Cons:
    QC is not up to par. Several youtube reviews show misfeeds, FTEs.
    Magazine disconnect. Stupid in a target gun, adds unnecessary complexity, cost.
    Strange safety, it appears - up to arm, the reverse of the 1911 style.
    Only 10 rounds. Purposely handicapped by Ruger - could easily have carried 15.

I think someone smacked their engineering committee a grazing blow to the head before submitting plans on this turkey which -could- have been a nice gun.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by sawah View Post
    Looks like a fun gun to shoot.
    It does look like fun. Wish I had the luxury of buying a gun for fun That particular gun looks like the Walther P22 (think thats right) and I have been eyeing it as a plinker for awhile. On an aside: most mass produced guns will run into errors from time to time. Case in point: Took my wife to shoot a Ruger SR9, and that gun had tons of good reviews. This one jammed a bunch and kept tossing the brass directly back in her face. It was probably ****** ammo or the fact that it was a new gun, but not something I expected. 10 rounds is pretty dumb on a 22 target pistol though. Hope they make some high cap after market ones.