• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry speaking event in Vancouver

DEROS72

Friday the 17Th Nick and I spoke at the Fisher Grange in Vancouver,about all things open carry.Nick had this arranged for some time and it turned out very well.We had a group of about 40 plus there and they were very intent on getting correct information.As Nick says they were full of serial misinformation.Nick had also prepared an awesome video which included pics from the Willow lake events ,open carry around town all the news videos, rally and tea party pics.This was a tea party group that had requested this talk.We both had met some of these folks from our attendance at a couple of t party's as they had noticed us carrying.Nick spoke alot on RCW_'s and fallacies out there as I related some of my experiences over the last 4 years.We did about a little over a 2 hour presentation with a great Q and A wrapping it up.In some of the questions put forth you could here the misinformation that is out there.They came to realize that we do this everyday and it isn't really a big deal.That was illustrated after the event when a few of us went for drinks at Macmillimans.We sat down and nothing happened.I noticed a few with us open carried because we were around.All in all a very productive night and we plan to do more of these.

Attachments

• Jim at Fisher Grange Vancouver.jpg
    Jim at Fisher Grange Vancouver.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

kparker

Oops:

"This video contains content from WMG, who has
blocked it from display on this website.

Watch on _Youtube_."

So I did--nice video! But you should know that the embedded version isn't playing here.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Very nice, maybe you two could post the powerpoint, I wonder if anyone over here would be interested in a similar event?

Good Video!

Nice job on the video Nick....

jt

You guys are true ambassadors, thanks!!!

Thank you all...

Oops:

"This video contains content from WMG, who has
blocked it from display on this website.

Watch on _Youtube_."

So I did--nice video! But you should know that the embedded version isn't playing here.

Sometimes when you use music, it get's bumped that way.... UGH

jsanchez

Looks like a great event and you guys did an awesome job!

Have you thought of getting a table at one of the Police departments open house picnics. I know alot of depts. around here put those type of events on. I know Seattle has six of them. It might be a great opprotunity to inform the public.
Again great job and great leadership on your guys part.

Stretch

Good video. I am noticing that Deros seems to have those glasses up more than down. Are they for show? :D

Sent by Droid

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Good video. I am noticing that Deros seems to have those glasses up more than down. Are they for show? :D

Sent by Droid

Because when they are down he looks like this guy....

weekendatbernies.jpg

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Our hosts blog about our visit

http://pnwpatriot.blogspot.com/2012/02/by-steven-nelson-friday-february-17-th.html

[h=3]Open Carry by Right. Good Behavior a Responsibility[/h]

by Steven Nelson

Friday, February 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Nick Smith and Jim Beal with Washington OpenCarry.org were the featured guest speakers at We The People – Vancouver's bimonthly meeting. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term Open Carry, it means to carry a firearm in the open on your person. Some may of heard of Nick and Jim over the last couple of years due to their efforts to make Open Carry a more understood movement in the state of Washington. Jim and Nick made headlines in the Seattle area when they decided to start practicing their right to open carry as protected by both the State and Federal Constitutions.

.....more.....