Thread: Can a person Open Carry while having a Concealed Carry permit on his/her person?

Can a person Open Carry while having a Concealed Carry permit on his/her person?

If a person holds a concealed carry permit and has it on his/her person while open carrying, could the person get ticketed for not having the firearm concealed?

I was told that if you have a concealed carry permit on you while open carrying that you could get in trouble for not having the firearm concealed, is this true, anyone know?

Cowboyridn

If you have your driver's license in your possession, are you allowed to be a mere passenger in a motor vehicle?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Herr Heckler Koch
    You can get a ticket for most anything. There is no such state law.

In Wisconsin you always have the constitutional right to open carry in any non-prohibited locations. Doesn't matter what kind of plastic you have in your wallet.

No, you can not get a ticket for specifically open carrying a firearm with your concealed carry permit. In fact since I do not have a CC firearm yet I only open carry. If I'm in a school zone I can still open carry due to my permit.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    If a person holds a concealed carry permit and has it on his/her person while open carrying, could the person get ticketed for not having the firearm concealed?

I was told that if you have a concealed carry permit on you while open carrying that you could get in trouble for not having the firearm concealed, is this true, anyone know?

Cowboyridn
    Don, this is exactly the gibberish I predicted would be spouted as soon as CWL's were issued in Wisconsin. There are several LEO's that think this way which is just dumb.

Snip: CCW AND OPEN CARRY
    If I get a CCW license does that affect my ability to openly carry a firearm?
    No. Unless expressly provided, the licensure statute does not limit an individual’s right to carry a firearm that is not concealed. Wis. Stat. § 175.60(2)(c).

Link: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...tes/175/60/2/c

From the actual statute: (c) Unless expressly provided in this section, this section does not limit an individual's right to carry a firearm that is not concealed.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Thanks

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Don, this is exactly the gibberish I predicted would be spouted as soon as CWL's were issued in Wisconsin. There are several LEO's that think this way which is just dumb.

Snip: CCW AND OPEN CARRY
    If I get a CCW license does that affect my ability to openly carry a firearm?
    No. Unless expressly provided, the licensure statute does not limit an individual’s right to carry a firearm that is not concealed. Wis. Stat. § 175.60(2)(c).

Link: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...tes/175/60/2/c

From the actual statute: (c) Unless expressly provided in this section, this section does not limit an individual's right to carry a firearm that is not concealed.

From what I read, You can open carry anywhere that you can conceal carry in Wisconsin. Unless of course, one or the other is posted at a business.
    Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post

Cowboyridn
    Where did you get this misinformation?

JJC

175.60(2)(c) is one of the few statutes that does give permission.

Misinformation

From a guy while I was out shooting my firearm in Portage, he was not a good source of information, but, I thought I would put it out on this site and see what was the truth, and sure enough, the people on this site are awsom, the question was answered very quickly and with sited statutes, I thank you all......you're a wealth of information and expierience.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Where did you get this misinformation?

JJC