• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man dies in apparent robbery attempt

ArmySoldier22

Good for him, I'm glad he defended himself. I just hope they don't try to charge him with anything since he shot the guy running away. Hopefully they'll realize how much of a public outcry they would receive if they did.

aosailor

I've been keeping a close eye on this story for several reasons, most important being that this is the 1st bad guy shooting in Salisbury in a long time, and it's been long overdue, crime in Salisbury is skyrocketing! The public seems to be "glad" this happened. Even some of "Murda's" (that is what the robber's nickname was) family members have chimed in and said they are sad it happened but they are not angry or blaming the homeowner for shooting him.

As for the shooting from what I have read and heard from locals Murda just walked right in the house gun drawn. There was a scuffle, homeowner got the gun and shot murda in the CHEST. If Murda was trying to run away when shot, he most likely would have been hit in the back, not the chest.

Of course I was not there, I have no idea what REALLY happened. All we have to go on is the homeowner's story.

ArmySoldier22

As for the shooting from what I have read and heard from locals Murda just walked right in the house gun drawn. There was a scuffle, homeowner got the gun and shot murda in the CHEST. If Murda was trying to run away when shot, he most likely would have been hit in the back, not the chest.

Of course I was not there, I have no idea what REALLY happened. All we have to go on is the homeowner's story.

I wish the one's who'd written the story posted above had included that info. While they didn't straight out say that he was shot running away, that is what they make it seem like. Either way, I'm glad he did what he did.

Glock19fan

One less dirt bag on the street. What in the world make someone feel that its ok to walk into a house thats not yours and attempt to cause someone harm or to take their belongings.

E.J.

RCall

I believe if more people kept a firearm at hand especially at home, we wouldn't have to pay as much tax to the justice system when such a firearm may be used in a justified act of self defense.

aosailor

From what I've read, while they were fighting Murda dropped the gun and Jack (homeowner) dove to reach for it. Murda then jumped on Jacks back. Jack had just been pistol whipped by this thug and now this punk jumps on his back while he is on the ground. Jack shoots over his shoulder and hits Murda square in the chest (helluva shot) Murda runs out of the house looking for help. dies on the neighbor's door step. Jack was taken to the hospital due to facial injuries

http://www.salisburypost.com/Crime/...spect-identified-Lee-Street-Steele-Street-qcd

salisbury post has had several stories about this. pretty much say the same thing, but this one seems the most detailed

Last edited:

cap-n-ball

This kind of thing is happening in Salisbury more and more each month. Had a shooting in Salisbury a few months ago where the victim died on the way to the hospital, a stabbing of a woman in Spencer in which she was killed. Most of the arrests that are printed in the Salisbury Post are normally repeat felons caught with drugs and illegal weapons, most of them stolen. I hardly ever go out anymore without a sidearm, and I live just a few miles out of Salisbury.