• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Xd sc 9mm now or wait for the Xd Slim 9mm?

spiderjohn

hey now,

Tax returns are coming in and it's time to purchase a new handgun. I currently have the Springfield Xd .45 compact and am wanting a smaller handgun in 9mm. Would prefer to stay with Springfield. I was seriously thinking about getting the xd subcompact 9mm and the prices are really good. However, since they are coming out with a new .45 Xd slim single stack probably in March, I'm wondering if I should wait a couple more months for the XD-s 9mm version. Any thoughts?

GuidoZ

I think you should...

tumblr_lvdyrxBzCW1qk5ls3.jpg

Bur seriously, I'm personally waiting for the new .45 to come out for my next purchase. :cool:

--
Peace. ~G

cbpeck

I handled the new XDs 45 (slim) at SHOT in January & it's a nice version of the XD. I haven't heard anything about a 9mm slim version, but I suppose they might bring one to market. If they do make a 9mm slim it would be going head to head with the LC9, and that gun doesn't have much appeal to me (others love it). If I'm going to carry a low(er) capacity gun I like it to be chambered in a larger caliber, like the XDs 45 that you're considering.

In other words, the XDs 45 is a nice, ultra compact .45 pistol. Even if they made an XDS 9 to compete with the LC9, I don't think I'd want it.

SovereignAxe

I handled the new XDs 45 (slim) at SHOT in January & it's a nice version of the XD. I haven't heard anything about a 9mm slim version, but I suppose they might bring one to market. If they do make a 9mm slim it would be going head to head with the LC9, and that gun doesn't have much appeal to me (others love it). If I'm going to carry a low(er) capacity gun I like it to be chambered in a larger caliber, like the XDs 45 that you're considering.

In other words, the XDs 45 is a nice, ultra compact .45 pistol. Even if they made an XDS 9 to compete with the LC9, I don't think I'd want it.

I'd take the Walther PPS 9mm over either of them. And the only way I'd carry a .45 is if it held 8 rounds or more. If I'm going to carry a weapon that's too small to fit 7 rounds or more in it, I might as well drop to 9mm and take the extra capacity.

I'm sure others will disagree with me on all of that, but that's the way I see things.

yz9890

I'm sure others will disagree with me on all of that, but that's the way I see things.

like me. especially about the PPS. i had huge reliability problems with 2 of those things over a 6 month period. my friends runs fine however so its possible i got 2 lemons. a giant piece of crap in my experience though.