Thread: Shoothouse?

Shoothouse?

Im not aware of any civilian access shoothouses in the greater Stl area. It would be awesome to have on around here. Im sure it would be a nightmare insurance wise for the owner.

Ultimate Defense in St. Peters has one planned, not sure when it's supposed to be open.

http://udrange.com/simunition-shoot-house/

Not really near St. Louis, but there is one by Warrensburg where I go to school. I've have searched extensively, but it's the only one I've found even remotely close. It's "semi-public". It's not an open range, but you can sign up for classes which you would do some live-fire in it. Classes are pretty expensive, and you must have a CCW. http://www.midwesttac.com/

I would love to actually participate in something like that, it would be an excellent opportunity to test ones reflexes and situational awareness, to augment their existing training. Even though I would 'know' it wasn't a real crisis, I could still benefit from the experience. I saw a show on Discovery I think, where the US and Germany special tactical response teams did some cross training, and competition. Slightly different approaches between the two, but the basic tactics were the same, though the Germans used the Flash Bangs more, as standard use.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Actually....

There is a range about 20 minutes south of Clinton. They use wood walls to create a "house" compete with rooms and some basic furniture. Its available to the public if you want to come down when its setup.

The wood panels are not dsigned to stop bullets, instead its surrounded by a dirt berm.

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    I would love to actually participate in something like that, it would be an excellent opportunity to test ones reflexes and situational awareness, to augment their existing training. Even though I would 'know' it wasn't a real crisis, I could still benefit from the experience. I saw a show on Discovery I think, where the US and Germany special tactical response teams did some cross training, and competition. Slightly different approaches between the two, but the basic tactics were the same, though the Germans used the Flash Bangs more, as standard use.
    Yeah, it's either do a couple of those courses, or a couple thousand rounds and possibly a new gun (i'm thinkin' an AR) On the topic of shows, have you seen this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmNtDmzDeow Looks like it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter64738 View Post
    There is a range about 20 minutes south of Clinton. They use wood walls to create a "house" compete with rooms and some basic furniture. Its available to the public if you want to come down when its setup.

The wood panels are not designed to stop bullets, instead its surrounded by a dirt berm.
    Is there a website on it? It hasn't popped up in searches. It sounds like that might be better suited for simunition. Still, gonna be a good training resource.

It works well for simmunition, airsoft, and live rounds. It takes an awful lot of shooting to mess up the panels. Generally its a 2 man or 3 man entry all from a single point.

Its good practice. In real life bullets go through walls.
    Http://www.tacc-arms.com