• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La OCer Arrested. Lawyer Needed

sraacke

An Open Carrier who lives in the Lafayette area and posts to the LOCAL forum is asking for legal help. He posts that he was arrested for OCing.
He's looking for a lawyer. Anyone willing to help please post your contact info in a PM and I'll pass it on to him.
I don't have any details or other info besides what he posted which was that he was arrested and needs a lawyer to help him.
Thread is at http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/i-got-arrested-for-oc-ing-today-help-t1020.html .

Thanks,
Steve Raacke
LOCAL Secretary

Last edited:

sraacke

"The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum."
That has been a major pain in our butt. The member who originally set up the forum registered it that way and he's no longer around and we have been unable, as ADMINs, to change that setting. We've been trying for over a year to open up everything except the Paid Member and Officer sections of the forum with no luck.
To view just creat a user name and log in with it. Sorry for the problems.

Last edited:

55bowtie

THIS GUY...Name: Linscomb, Grant
Charge: Carrying Firearm/Dang.Weap. By
Arresting Agency: Univ Of La Lafayette (Ull)
Address: 100 Blk Mimosa Palce
Lafayette, La open carry on the university and he is 19.... according to the sherriffs site.... he sayin on local...

1: I was on campus property, next to Cajun field at the fair.
2: Yes, i am broke atm can cat afford to pay attention, much less a lawyer.
3: I'm out on bond, and I'm waiting for a court date.

Last edited:

HeroHog

By MY interpretation of Louisiana Law he was OK BUT he WILL need a darn good lawyer to get him out of hot water as I am sure not everyone will interpret it as I do.

For what it is worth, I don't OC on ANY school property in Louisiana, college or not.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I wish I could read it...

Sign up/register - it's free, a good way to keep up with what others are doing and you bolster their numbers.
icon14.png

Daylen

...they want a cell phone number to register and I don't feel like buying a prepaid one to sign up.