Thread: I know it's a dumb question...

I know it's a dumb question...

...Has anyone carried in Arby's before?

I'd like to know if they're OC Friendly.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

I've carried at a couple in VA without an issue. I'm not sure if they have a corporate policy like Starbucks, or they allow local management to decide.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
    - Ted Nugent

I've carried in Arby's restaurants in 3 states. But that does not prove they are OC-friendly or OC-tolerant as a corporate policy.

My question to the OP is this - if you do not see obvious gunbuster signs, why are you so hesitant to carry until you get an OK or three to back you up? I am, of course, presuming that you are a Law Abiding Citizen and not some thug up to no good.

OC is not, in most places, a crime. Why so much worry about doing something perfectly legal? Yeah, I know the horror stories about folks that get rousted by the cops (Boy do I know!). But if you let the bad cops win by default what are you left with?

Go forth and OC with a glad and open heart.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

FMJ I have been to Arby's OC and been just fine. Also with this meet we will be doing there will be plenty of us to back you up buddy. I'm sure there will be no problems. If they do have a problem we will just take our business elsewhere.
    Last edited by SigGuy23; 02-22-2012 at 02:29 PM.

I have had no problems with em here in Kentucky.

I've carried in a Whole Foods quite a few times. It's only in recent memory that I've seen a security guard appear at the store. I wonder what went wrong. The police in that area are known for being on top of things.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Thanks for the input! I am usually armed with a handgun, but my most powerful weapon in Knowledge! It's always good to have info on things like this.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post

I have open carried in Arby's in North Carolina for years, no problem.
    Lannie

central Ohio seems ok

I haven't had anybody say "boo" to me in Arby's and I've been in there plenty of times open carrying (several of them in the area). As was already mentioned, if no CPZ sign is up, OC with confidence and like it was no big deal. The worst you'll have happen is that they ask you to leave. With Arby's, at least in my neck of the woods, that hasn't happened to me or others that I associate with yet.
    Last edited by GhostOfJefferson; 02-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.

FMJ 911, stop by the Washington State forum. I think you will get answers more pertinent to your local area.

No question is dumb
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 02-24-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post

Only in WA, ID, UT, NV, AND AZ, maybe MT and WY too but I do not remember for sure. I was OC in Arbys Bullhead City AZ and Nephi UT in the last 2 weeks.

I've carried in several Arby's and most of the time I don't even get a second glance. I do think I scared the pants off of some poor high school kid working the counter once though. Came in somewhat late at night for a late dinner, caught him staring at it a couple times as I perused the menu, then had him nervously ask me "So um, you uh, doing all right tonight?". Some polite conversation seemed to calm him down a bit, then I got my food, ate, and left without incident.

Anecdotal, I know, but I'm just echoing the previous sentiments of "you probably won't have any problems".

I have many times in North Carolina. Sat ate my food, and left without issue. The counter girls even flirted with me, and asked about the gun about the 400th time I ate there OC'ing. YMMV

I've OC'ed at Arby's in AZ, NV, UT, WY, ID and I'm fairly sure in MT.

Never a problem.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"