• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I know it's a dumb question...

wikieod

I've carried at a couple in VA without an issue. I'm not sure if they have a corporate policy like Starbucks, or they allow local management to decide.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've carried in Arby's restaurants in 3 states. But that does not prove they are OC-friendly or OC-tolerant as a corporate policy.

My question to the OP is this - if you do not see obvious gunbuster signs, why are you so hesitant to carry until you get an OK or three to back you up? I am, of course, presuming that you are a Law Abiding Citizen and not some thug up to no good.

OC is not, in most places, a crime. Why so much worry about doing something perfectly legal? Yeah, I know the horror stories about folks that get rousted by the cops (Boy do I know!). But if you let the bad cops win by default what are you left with?

Go forth and OC with a glad and open heart.

stay safe.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
FMJ I have been to Arby's OC and been just fine. Also with this meet we will be doing there will be plenty of us to back you up buddy. I'm sure there will be no problems. If they do have a problem we will just take our business elsewhere. :)

Last edited:

Kirbinator

I've carried in a Whole Foods quite a few times. It's only in recent memory that I've seen a security guard appear at the store. I wonder what went wrong. The police in that area are known for being on top of things.

GhostOfJefferson

central Ohio seems ok

I haven't had anybody say "boo" to me in Arby's and I've been in there plenty of times open carrying (several of them in the area). As was already mentioned, if no CPZ sign is up, OC with confidence and like it was no big deal. The worst you'll have happen is that they ask you to leave. With Arby's, at least in my neck of the woods, that hasn't happened to me or others that I associate with yet.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
FMJ 911, stop by the Washington State forum. I think you will get answers more pertinent to your local area.

No question is dumb

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

...Has anyone carried in Arby's before?

I'd like to know if they're OC Friendly.

Only in WA, ID, UT, NV, AND AZ, maybe MT and WY too but I do not remember for sure. I was OC in Arbys Bullhead City AZ and Nephi UT in the last 2 weeks.

polarbeargarden

I've carried in several Arby's and most of the time I don't even get a second glance. I do think I scared the pants off of some poor high school kid working the counter once though. Came in somewhat late at night for a late dinner, caught him staring at it a couple times as I perused the menu, then had him nervously ask me "So um, you uh, doing all right tonight?". Some polite conversation seemed to calm him down a bit, then I got my food, ate, and left without incident.

Anecdotal, I know, but I'm just echoing the previous sentiments of "you probably won't have any problems".

Xulld

I have many times in North Carolina. Sat ate my food, and left without issue. The counter girls even flirted with me, and asked about the gun about the 400th time I ate there OC'ing. YMMV