• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SBOC RCC closing its doors

ccrews

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
Dear South Bay Open Carry Members:

Last night, at RCC’s general meeting, I sadly announced my resignation as its President. The passage of AB144, banning open carry of holstered handguns, drastically reduced both enthusiasm and member attendance at its meetings. The RCC Board of Directors (actually the old South Bay Open Carry board members) worked to keep you informed through the email list serve, social media and at monthly meetings where guest speakers shared their expertise.

One reason that the merger of these two groups failed is that the organizational structures were much too different. I take full responsibility, as my leadership was not sufficient to bring them together. Our objective to bring about a shall issue state may become a reality as the lawsuit brought about by the NRA's Chuck Michel in Peruda vs San Diego is being looked at in light of the passage of AB144. I recommend that you put your energy and support with the NRA, Calguns Foundation, and the California Rifle and Pistol Association. These groups will be the vehicle to bring about change in California's draconian gun laws. They have the money and the organizational horsepower to be successful.

RCC or SBOC never attained the non-profit status it sought so there’s not a lot of paper work to be done. The money within South Bay Open Carry's bank account amounts to about $2000. This money will be donated to a Second Amendment organization in California in your name. South Bay Open Carry will officially close its FB page today. Hopefully someone within the northern group (RCC) will step up to reorganize their group.

I have a many people to thank for their dedication and involvement in SBOC…they are: SBOC’s founders Harley and Adrienne Green, and past and present board members: Jim Call, Peter Yollin, Jeff Cude, Mindy Costa, Leighanne Nickle, Bob Schuffman, and Lisa and Bud Martin. I would also like to express my appreciation to Kyung Park for his work to develop the RCC website and its logo and to Yi-Chau Chang for his work as RCC’s Public Information Officer.

Gene McCarthy

Save Our State

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attacking other gun rights groups

it doesn't really work like that. The state grants non-profit status while you are in the process of obtaining it. you set up your corp and start filling out forms and submitting them, along with fees. If you fail somewhere along the line, or are not granted the status, it is not inherently a criminal act. Plus, getting the state to prosecute that is like asking the feds to prosecute illegal immigrants. I've been there...

hgreen

Correction

I've spoken to current board members.

Gene stepped down and made a unilateral decision to shut it all down.

However, there will be others stepping up and maintaining SBOC, but they will need help.

The organization is only as good as its members and their level of involvement.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Just a word of advice

Spewing libelous crap about the owner of OCDO on Facebook, as well as breaking the rules on his forum, is a great way for your entire account, as well as your posts, to be disappeared and globally ignored. Just sayin.......

mjones

Spewing libelous crap about the owner of OCDO on Facebook, as well as breaking the rules on his forum, is a great way for your entire account, as well as your posts, to be disappeared and globally ignored. Just sayin.......

Thank you Gray!