• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be careful on your "Wal-Mart Walk"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sign on long gone store that was on Rt. 17 in Gloucester County:

We Buy Junk - Sell Antiques

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Grapeshot it sounds as if Florida considers "antique" both firearms and firearm design such that even a component (the firearm) built using the antiquated design requirements or with antiquated design function meet the definition of an antique. I could see the usefulness of this particular methodology, especially if you have a clever legislator who knows that modern firearms are banned somewhere and he doesn't have the political capital at that moment to get the restriction on modern arms lifted. By defining antique arms to include even arms that are made today, but to an antiquated design then you have a way around that restriction for people carrying antique arms if your clever methodology is not spotted first.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grapeshot it sounds as if Florida considers "antique" both firearms and firearm design such that even a component (the firearm) built using the antiquated design requirements or with antiquated design function meet the definition of an antique. I could see the usefulness of this particular methodology, especially if you have a clever legislator who knows that modern firearms are banned somewhere and he doesn't have the political capital at that moment to get the restriction on modern arms lifted. By defining antique arms to include even arms that are made today, but to an antiquated design then you have a way around that restriction for people carrying antique arms if your clever methodology is not spotted first.

If I reall Jmelvin, before Heller, DC allowed people to have cap and ball handguns.
Just for home defense, they are pretty effective anyway.. but I imagine thousands of 45lc conversions that DC doesn't know about.