• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Triad OC dinner

the beard

hey guys. I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a triad meetup? i see that they do them in the triangle area all the time, but unfortunately i don't have the time or the patience for driving an hour away. Anybody want to do a meet within the next few weeks?

nobama

hey guys. I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a triad meetup? i see that they do them in the triangle area all the time, but unfortunately i don't have the time or the patience for driving an hour away. Anybody want to do a meet within the next few weeks?

Yea, Im in. We have been doing them usually on a Fri. eve. We have been to Prissy Pollys in K ville, Another BBQ place in K ville, Golden Coral in Winston. If you know of somewhere else that might be a good place feel free to chime in.

No hate

Triad meet

How about Jakes Diner on Hwy 66 in Kernersville one morning for breakfast?

Breakfast at Jakes works for me. I am new to this site and would like to meet some of the other locals.

Molly B's on RT68 in Thomasville is our kinda place too. Check out their front door sign:banana:

Attachments

• HPIM1106.jpg
    HPIM1106.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

NC-Heel

Breakfast at Jakes works for me. I am new to this site and would like to meet some of the other locals.

Molly B's on RT68 in Thomasville is our kinda place too. Check out their front door sign:banana:
I will eat there next time I am in T-ville.

jag06

I tried getting one up back before Christmas but could not get anyone to commit, but December is busy for most folks. I am up for a meetup in the next week or two. I live a few minutes from Jakes. My dad stopped there on the way to work one morning, early in the morning, to pick up biscuits for his guys around, 10-15 or so. He said the service at the counter was good, but when the order when back to the cook he heard the cook yelling, "YOU WANT ME TO MAKE HOW MANY BISCUITS?!?!?!?!." Said the guy yelled it once or twice and heard him complaining and saying a few other things. Don't know if that guy still works there, but my dad said he would not be going back. I have not been there and am up for trying it once if that's where y'all want to go.

smlawrence

I tried getting one up back before Christmas but could not get anyone to commit, but December is busy for most folks. I am up for a meetup in the next week or two. I live a few minutes from Jakes. My dad stopped there on the way to work one morning, early in the morning, to pick up biscuits for his guys around, 10-15 or so. He said the service at the counter was good, but when the order when back to the cook he heard the cook yelling, "YOU WANT ME TO MAKE HOW MANY BISCUITS?!?!?!?!." Said the guy yelled it once or twice and heard him complaining and saying a few other things. Don't know if that guy still works there, but my dad said he would not be going back. I have not been there and am up for trying it once if that's where y'all want to go.

I eat breakfast there 3-4 times a week. Great service and food.

nobama

Cant make mornings, I will head another one up for a Fri evening dinner. Have a good time. Let us know how it went.

smlawrence

We had a great breakfast. Only 3 of us there but was nice meeting new people. Hope to meet more of you in the future.

jag06

We had a total of 3 show up, me, No hate, and smlawrence. I had a good time, think the rest did as well. Can't wait to do another meetup. Hopefully next time we can get more people to show.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Start a new thread with date, time and place - get it stickied - build it, they will come.

No hate

We had a total of 3 show up, me, No hate, and smlawrence. I had a good time, think the rest did as well. Can't wait to do another meetup. Hopefully next time we can get more people to show.

Geez, don't you guys work? 9:15AM and you already posted after breakfast ;)

Looking forward to the next one. Good food, good service, good company. Maybe we can get the numbers up. Do a monthly or thing or something.