• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marine says NO!

davidmcbeth

Banned
If he believed that he has the right to carry then why did he turn over his sidearm? 'cause a sign said so?

I totally agree with the marine but I would never have given up the gun to begin with.

He will be found guilty ...

I carry in NYC ... I don't see a cop rushing to take it away. Because I won't let that occur.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
He's brave for standing up for what he believes, but it will take jury nullification for him to avoid a conviction on the original charge.

Wonder how he will respond when the DA decides to go for the misdemeanor in spite of his rejecting it as a plea agreement? I ask because it seems both the DA and several NYC and NYS lawmakers are afraid that if the prosecute the felony charge they could wind up with their owm MdDonald on their hands.

stay safe.

Dreamer

SAF should be ALL OVER this one. Where's Alan Gura? I 'd think he would be chomping at the bit to take this case...

Firedawg314

Just boycott NYC and Ill as much as possible

After reading the story... that was totally wrong. To post "all weapons" to be checked in and then arrest you. I say go old school. boycott everything that NYC and ILL since they don't accept the fact of 2nd Admendment. What's next, outlaw the 13th, and 5th?

I know its hard to do, but if you can avoid those areas, please do so. If you live there, I hope that you can find a new career someone where else.

I know I made a big stand against ILL about 3 years ago. WHile looking for a home to build, we stopped over to ILL and it was a good area, etc. We got into the conversation about hand guns and they said its against the law there to have a CCW. I looked at the seller and said... NO thanks. If your state cannot accept my basic consitiutional rights, then they (state) doesn't need my money.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I really have to wonder if he, with or without his attorney's blessing, is making the decision to decline the plea bargain on his own or if he has been in contact with gun organizations which have offered him support in fighting this.

MKEgal

This appears to be his attorney's website / address / contact info:
Law Office of Mark A. Bederow, P.C.
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
Phone: 212-803-1293
888-219-8606 (Toll Free)
Fax: 917-591-8827

I'd suggest one person call to confirm this is the right place,
post the answer here,
& those who want to send supportive notes &/or donations to Mr. Ryan Jerome can do so.

Last edited: