• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Sheriffs Association working for us...NOT!

DCR

Good catch, carracer!

As I've ranted before, our sheriffs and other locally elected officials actively work against our 2A interests, yet nobody calls them on it.

Gary Raney, who seconded the motion to oppose the constitutional carry act of 2011, keeps getting elected because he claims to be a Republican, and the sheeple of Ada county blindly follow.

This needs to be sent off to the NRA with a note recommending that it withdraw any sort of support for him, and - people of Ada county, WAKE UP and vote against this guy!

jimd_21

the Idaho Sherrifs Association sent me a letter asking for donations to help them do their job. The same association that spoke against the "Campus Carry" and "Permitless Comcealed Carry" last year in the legislature...yeah they are not getting anything from me! After a little research of the association and reviewing meeting minutes i ran across this and have been posting on Facebook, just haven't made it here yet.

Thanks carracer.

WOD

After reading many LEO reports from members here, I came to this conclusion: Most LEO's do not want the citizenry armed, because it reduces the need for them. Post after post, either the LEO's mis-state the laws, or are completely ignorant of the laws, or they are just trying to bully us into submission. Many offer opinion, rather than law, which, also gives me the impression that their stops are mere harassment, not public safety concerns. So, yes... get them to publish a statement about their stance on armed citizens, especially if they are elected officials.

buckfynn

I am very disappointed concerning the ISA's decision for not being in favor of supporting Constitutional Carry for the State of Idaho. It make one wonder why they did not support the Constitutional Carry Act of 2012 for Idaho? As citizens in the State of Idaho don't we deserve the respect for an answer from our elected Sheriff's for their neglect to support 2A rights!??

ecocks

After reading many LEO reports from members here, I came to this conclusion: Most LEO's do not want the citizenry armed, because it reduces the need for them. Post after post, either the LEO's mis-state the laws, or are completely ignorant of the laws, or they are just trying to bully us into submission. Many offer opinion, rather than law, which, also gives me the impression that their stops are mere harassment, not public safety concerns. So, yes... get them to publish a statement about their stance on armed citizens, especially if they are elected officials.

I don't have that sense at all, police, fire, state troopers, different county's deputies never had a negative reaction from any of them. Have had a dozen in my place with two dozen armed citizens across the room from them without a single word.

hermannr

It's all about power. Nothing else. Less crime, less need for Police, Less need for police less money, less money available, less money to do what they want. Fewer toys, no swat team, can't brag about how big their budget is...on and on...

Look at Grant Co OR. Look at the size of the area covered and the number of Sheriff's deputies available. Is it any wonder that Sheriff Palmer is Pro 2A? Probably the most Pro 2A Sheriff in the US today (and I live in Okanogan Co, WA which is pretty Pro 2A)

The more SD weapons in the law abiding citizens hands, the lower the crime rate, the less need for LE.

Last edited: