Thread: We're in trouble now: WA gets low grade from Brady Campaign

We're in trouble now: WA gets low grade from Brady Campaign

WA earns low gun law score from Brady Campaign

The Evergreen State is hardly a fit place to live due to its apparently weak gun laws, which – along with neighboring Oregon – earned only a paltry 15 points out of a possible 100-point perfect score, according to the Brady Campaign’s 2011 State Scorecard rankings…

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...brady-campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    WA earns low gun law score from Brady Campaign

The Evergreen State is hardly a fit place to live due to its apparently weak gun laws, which – along with neighboring Oregon – earned only a paltry 15 points out of a possible 100-point perfect score, according to the Brady Campaign’s 2011 State Scorecard rankings…

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...brady-campaign
    Let's look at Seattle vs. Baltimore, MD. Population of each city is roughly equivalent 620k in Seattle and 640k in Baltimore yet the murder rate for Baltimore is 34.8 and Seattle is 3.1 per 100k people. The Brady bunch ignores the truth, they are liars and they don't drink Starbucks!
    Live Free or Die!

Would like to say good job to the worthless Gov., but I must assume she had nothing to do with making WA evil in the eyes of lunatics.

That's not a low score!

Remember folks, we're scoring this thing like golf.

w00t!

Makes me wanna go out back & fire my AK up into the air!

Seriously tho, the guy above me is right. We really need to bring that down more.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I find humor in this screen shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    That's not a low score!

Remember folks, we're scoring this thing like golf.

+1

it makes me wonder. which state has the lowest score?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Low scores are good right?
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." — George Patton

Less is BETTER

Thumbs up

Wow i feel so.......thankful to the brady foundation for pointing out how constitutional and wonderful..er i mearn horribly bad things are here in washington, especially compared to that safe and peaceful place that is california.
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Would like to say good job to the worthless Gov., but I must assume she had nothing to do with making WA evil in the eyes of lunatics.
    it's our state constitution, and to a lesser extent our state preemption law, as well as our state supreme court

no governor in WA has much, if any authority to change the gun status quo here. which is damn good, btw

i think in WA, even rabidly anti-gun dems, don't campaign on the issue at all at the governor level. it can ONLY hurt them. in cities like seattle, mayor candidates, council candidates do campaign on antigun campaigns, but they have ZERO power to change anything.

seattle's mayor TRIED a blatantly unconstitutional executive order ot ban guns from city parks. which was struck down after the city wasted money implementing it

I think a scatter plot of the Brady bunches scores against murder rates would be revealing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

When it comes to a "Brady Score" lets try for the "Worst".

CA is the best and look what it got them. Over twice the violent crime RATE based on some recent stat's.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Why does everyone keep trying the same thing? "Hey, crime is up! Let's try stricter gun control laws!"
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsport20 View Post
    Why does everyone keep trying the same thing? "Hey, crime is up! Let's try stricter gun control laws!"
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    I like the "Crime Control" that a couple of homeowners in Snohomish County have adopted. "Break in my house and you'll leave in the company of the Coroner". At least two "repeat offenders" have been eliminated from the system lately. Who knows how many more.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

15 points! How Disappointing!!

There is 35 States with lower scores then WA !! Damm we have more work to do.
    Last edited by BigDave; 02-23-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.