• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We're in trouble now: WA gets low grade from Brady Campaign

Dave Workman

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
WA earns low gun law score from Brady Campaign

The Evergreen State is hardly a fit place to live due to its apparently weak gun laws, which – along with neighboring Oregon – earned only a paltry 15 points out of a possible 100-point perfect score, according to the Brady Campaign’s 2011 State Scorecard rankings…

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/wa-earns-low-gun-law-score-from-brady-campaign

Let's look at Seattle vs. Baltimore, MD. Population of each city is roughly equivalent 620k in Seattle and 640k in Baltimore yet the murder rate for Baltimore is 34.8 and Seattle is 3.1 per 100k people. The Brady bunch ignores the truth, they are liars and they don't drink Starbucks!

jbone

Would like to say good job to the worthless Gov., but I must assume she had nothing to do with making WA evil in the eyes of lunatics.

Dave in Edmonds

I find humor in this screen shot.

photobucket-1043-1329952158254.jpg

Schlepnier

Wow i feel so.......thankful to the brady foundation for pointing out how constitutional and wonderful..er i mearn horribly bad things are here in washington, especially compared to that safe and peaceful place that is california. :lol:

PALO

Would like to say good job to the worthless Gov., but I must assume she had nothing to do with making WA evil in the eyes of lunatics.

it's our state constitution, and to a lesser extent our state preemption law, as well as our state supreme court

no governor in WA has much, if any authority to change the gun status quo here. which is damn good, btw

i think in WA, even rabidly anti-gun dems, don't campaign on the issue at all at the governor level. it can ONLY hurt them. in cities like seattle, mayor candidates, council candidates do campaign on antigun campaigns, but they have ZERO power to change anything.

seattle's mayor TRIED a blatantly unconstitutional executive order ot ban guns from city parks. which was struck down after the city wasted money implementing it

kcgunfan

I think a scatter plot of the Brady bunches scores against murder rates would be revealing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

yellowsport20

Why does everyone keep trying the same thing? "Hey, crime is up! Let's try stricter gun control laws!"
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

amlevin

Why does everyone keep trying the same thing? "Hey, crime is up! Let's try stricter gun control laws!"
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I like the "Crime Control" that a couple of homeowners in Snohomish County have adopted. "Break in my house and you'll leave in the company of the Coroner". At least two "repeat offenders" have been eliminated from the system lately. Who knows how many more.