• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wounded Warriors - SR1911 Prize Giveaway

Metalhead47

Okay Gang - here is what we are going to do...

Buck's Gun Shop is hosting a GAME OF SKILL...

It cost $10 per entry which must be paid using PayPal (www. paypal. com) to Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com...

You DO NOT need a Paypal account to use it for making payment...

The GAME OF SKILL will be to determine the number of 22LR cartridges that are held within the glass container in the picture below... The person determining closest to the actual amount without going over will be awarded a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX RUGER 1911 45 ACP...

You must be 21 to play this game of skill and be able to pass a NICS Form 4473 background check...

You are permitted one guess per $10 entry fee... You can enter as many times as you like, but each time will cost you $10... Please include the guess in a note with your PayPal entry fee...

All proceeds exceeding the cost of the prize from this game of skill will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project by Buck's Gun Shop...

The game will be open until I say that it is closed... In the event of a tie, the earliest submission will be declared the winner...

If there are insufficient players to cover the cost of the prize, all fees will be refunded via PayPal...

Use the factory 30-06 cartridge in the picture to assist in developing your estimate...

If you have any questions about playing, let me know by emailing Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com..

Ruger1911GameofSkill.jpg

Here's a completely unrelated question:

If you're Earl, why's it called Buck's Gun Shop? :confused:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
As noble as your idea might be, it has zero to do with open carry.

Furthermore, this is not a game of skill. It is a guess. If you don't believe me call the state gambling commission.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such)

Dave in Edmonds

Gun related, helps our veterans and completely legitimate. I've already made three guesses and may make a couple more if it keeps things going.

If votes matter, I vote "yay" as well.

Metalhead47

As noble as your idea might be, it has zero to do with open carry.

Furthermore, this is not a game of skill. It is a guess. If you don't believe me call the state gambling commission.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such)

How does it have zero to do with open carry, when the gun in question will likely end up in the hands of an open carrier who will open carry it?

And seeing how this is a charity contest, that's not quite the same as a sale or even raffle.

badkarma

If it isn't something gogodogs supports then it must be against the rules. You really shouldn't argue with him. He will always explain why you are wrong and he is right.

END_THE_FED

If it isn't something gogodogs supports then it must be against the rules. You really shouldn't argue with him. He will always explain why you are wrong and he is right.

Gogo is right. This post is a clear violation of the rules. That being said, I am sure the mods are aware of this post by now and that it has been looked over. It is up to them to decide what to do. It seems they have chosen to allow it.