• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No primary election (by ballot) in Washington State this year

sudden valley gunner

Why such a long drive? Usually "precinct's" are close to where you live.

Because I failed to look more into it where I should have....I have been corrected and shown were my local one is....(blush)....I am a first time voter.....only because I see one candidate worth voting for...other wise I wouldn't vote....

amlevin

I am a first time voter.....only because I see one candidate worth voting for...other wise I wouldn't vote....

This reminds me of a pair of cats I had once. They were brothers.

Every once in a while my wife and I would hear the wildest cat fight going on our back yard with all kinds of screeching and howling going on.

One night we took a look out the window. One of the "brothers" was doing some serious "whoopass" on a neighbors cat and the other brother was just sitting up on the deck rail screaming an howling.

I guess the moral of the story is that some get in and fight the fight and others just sit on the rail and howl.

IMHO opinion the main reason there are no really worthwhile candidates is that this country has become extremely apathetic. Nobody wants to get involved and as a result those who want to seek power don't have to convince all that many people to vote for them. It's time for our citizens to realize they have a right that others in the world will risk their lives to exercise.

They'd rather just bitch about the results.

TechnoWeenie

Every once in a while my wife and I would hear the wildest cat fight going on our back yard with all kinds of screeching and howling going on.

One night we took a look out the window. One of the "brothers" was doing some serious "whoopass" on a neighbors cat and the other brother was just sitting up on the deck rail screaming an howling.

I guess the moral of the story is that some get in and fight the fight and others just sit on the rail and howl.

IMHO opinion the main reason there are no really worthwhile candidates is that this country has become extremely apathetic. Nobody wants to get involved and as a result those who want to seek power don't have to convince all that many people to vote for them. It's time for our citizens to realize they have a right that others in the world will risk their lives to exercise.

I was gonna write a response but.... figured it wasn't worth it.

tombrewster421

Does anyone know if I need my actual voter registration card, or if something else will suffice? Like pulling my info from that website up on my phone. All the info is there and shows I'm currently registered.

END_THE_FED

Does anyone know if I need my actual voter registration card, or if something else will suffice? Like pulling my info from that website up on my phone. All the info is there and shows I'm currently registered.

If you already know your precinct number, and caucus location, then I do not think you need your voter card.

Just make sure you have your correct precinct number. They will be able to confirm you are in the right place with your name and DOB.

tombrewster421

If you already know your precinct number, and caucus location, then I do not think you need your voter card.

Just make sure you have your correct precinct number. They will be able to confirm you are in the right place with your name and DOB.

Good to know. Thanks.

sudden valley gunner

So apathy is the result of not being satisfied with the choices they give us. Yes we get to bitch, I didn't contribute to the illusion of consent. I won't give any politician that isn't at least mostly constitutional a vote. Besides like I said in a stump speech if any of the politicians stuck with the constitution it really wouldn't matter if they were on the fake left or fake right because they wouldnt have much power to be involved in our personal lives anyway.

I find it interesting that some get upset I had not decided to participate before instead of being happy I am participating now, maybe that's because I still won't pick their guy.

Go vote, vote for the lesser of two evils you still are moving us toward tyranny and doing nothing to reverse it. Not voting makes a bigger statement that we don't approve.

Like I said before the progression has been one of progressively worse presidents, Romney, Gingritch, Santorum will follow in that pattern. They will be not "undo" Obama's actions and add more to the ever increasing bureaucracy increasing spending, etc.

Why bitch that I hadn't participated before and not be happy I am participating now? Is it because I am still not choosing your guy?

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

In my first post I neglected to link a State-wide source to find your precinct. I have added the info in an edit on the first post.

I followed your instructions and used the links, but all I got was.... no match found...

But i got a robo call today from the repubs,,, said I caucus in a church 3 miles down the street!
Ron Paul for the win!!!

amlevin

So apathy is the result of not being satisfied with the choices they give us. Yes we get to bitch, I didn't contribute to the illusion of consent. I won't give any politician that isn't at least mostly constitutional a vote. Besides like I said in a stump speech if any of the politicians stuck with the constitution it really wouldn't matter if they were on the fake left or fake right because they wouldnt have much power to be involved in our personal lives anyway.

I find it interesting that some get upset I had not decided to participate before instead of being happy I am participating now, maybe that's because I still won't pick their guy.

Go vote, vote for the lesser of two evils you still are moving us toward tyranny and doing nothing to reverse it. Not voting makes a bigger statement that we don't approve.

Like I said before the progression has been one of progressively worse presidents, Romney, Gingritch, Santorum will follow in that pattern. They will be not "undo" Obama's actions and add more to the ever increasing bureaucracy increasing spending, etc.

Why bitch that I hadn't participated before and not be happy I am participating now? Is it because I am still not choosing your guy?

When one doesn't vote, even if it's for someone that isn't totally in line with their thinking, all they do is make the votes of those who support the likes of Obama more powerful. sometimes it's better strategy to vote for someone that will do the better job rather than just sit on the fence and let the extremists have their way.

The only "Cat" that will effect change is the one who "gets in the fight". The ones sitting on the rail have the right to "howl", they just aren't getting anything done.

The way I see this upcoming election, based on those remaining in the running is we have lousy choices. A wealthy dilettante, an abrasive bonehead, a young opportunist, and a totally unelectable "nice guy" from Texas. I have no guy in this election but I will make a choice. The one that I feel has the best chance of making sure we don't have "Four More Years".

BTW, don't let the Presidential race cause you to overlook an even more important part of the Election. That of your congressional representatives and Senator. THOSE are the people that can do more damage than the President.

sudden valley gunner

When one doesn't vote, even if it's for someone that isn't totally in line with their thinking, all they do is make the votes of those who support the likes of Obama more powerful. sometimes it's better strategy to vote for someone that will do the better job rather than just sit on the fence and let the extremists have their way.

The only "Cat" that will effect change is the one who "gets in the fight". The ones sitting on the rail have the right to "howl", they just aren't getting anything done.

The way I see this upcoming election, based on those remaining in the running is we have lousy choices. A wealthy dilettante, an abrasive bonehead, a young opportunist, and a totally unelectable "nice guy" from Texas. I have no guy in this election but I will make a choice. The one that I feel has the best chance of making sure we don't have "Four More Years".

BTW, don't let the Presidential race cause you to overlook an even more important part of the Election. That of your congressional representatives and Senator. THOSE are the people that can do more damage than the President.

You still don't get it....it doesn't have to be totally in line with my thinking...it has to do with their unconstitutional fascist ideologies that continue the path of tyranny.......I will not vote for anyone that will continue that path I will not vote for the lesser of two evils it is still evil. And choosing not to have 4 more years with a neocon congress and senate and putting a neocon in office will get us what? More police state institutions like Department of Homeland security (so frighteningly similar to recent history wordings), TSA, Stronger FCC,,,,etc....nah if GOP doesn't pick someone like Ron Paul, they will loose and it will be better because we will have bipartisanship bickering and when government can't get things done it is better for us.

The future of GOP is gone too if they continue to pick people who are just twigs of the same progressive branch the Democrats are on.

cbpeck

Just a hypothetical...

What if, in the next election, every single person voted their conscience? By this I mean that every eligible voter either voted for the D, the R, or wrote in a person that they preferred? My guess is that the D or R would still win, but would do so with far less than half of the popular vote. This is significant because political parties & candidates are trying to capture the support of "likely voters." If everybody was a likely voter then parties would likely run different candidates to capture the support of the voters. It might take an election cycle or two for the impact to become evident, but I do think it'd happen. The way I see it, writing in "Jesus Christ" or "John Doe" is preferable to not voting because it at least documents a person's disapproval of the candidates on the ballot. Opting out of the process entirely just makes that person irrelevant to the entire election process.

END_THE_FED

I followed your instructions and used the links, but all I got was.... no match found...

But i got a robo call today from the repubs,,, said I caucus in a church 3 miles down the street!
Ron Paul for the win!!!

Yeah, I ran into a few "no matches" while helping some friends find their site. So I guess it is less than perfect. It seems that some precincts use their number and others use a precinct name.

Glad to hear you got the correct caucus site now. GO PAUL GO!!!!

tombrewster421

About how long does one of these precinct caucuses go? It's my mother-in-laws birthday and we're all supposed to go out that night.