• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. McGee's Resignation - OC, CC & 2A Implications for Canyon County & Idaho

DCR

Likely many of you have heard about McGee's resignation from the Idaho Senate.

If not, here's a link from the Idaho Statesman: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/...e-accused.html#storylink=omni_popular#wgt=pop

Recall that Sen. McGee was instrumental in killing the campus carry bill last year in Idaho - he showed his true colors by voting against sending the bill out of committee.

The Canyon County District 10 Republican precinct committee has 15 days to forward three possible replacements to the Governor to appoint to fill the position. It is critical to Canyon County, and the state of Idaho as a whole, that all the possible replacements have solid RKBA, OC and CC credentials, or the governor might appoint another turncoat who pays lipservice to the idea of gun rights but votes against them in the legislature.

Please, residents of Canyon County, contact the Canyon County District 10 Republican precinct committee members to request they specifically ask possible replacements their positions on OC, CC, RKBA, campus carry, and any other gun-rights-related issue, and to consider the possible replacements' answers in deciding who to recommend to the Governor.

Don't let this opportunity slip away, folks -

Peace,

DCR

ecocks

Politically speaking, good riddance.

Good time to flex some political muscle if you can get your act together.

carracer

There is a Canyon County republican Committee page on facebook. There will be a meeting next week at the Library in Caldwell to go thru the selection process. Not sure what that constitutes and couldn't find the date and time. Need someone to post it if you can find it.

buckfynn

From here.
The 10th District Committee of the Canyon County Republicans will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 29 to choose three nominees to submit to the governor, who will appoint McGee's replacement.

The meeting will be held at the Caldwell Public Library and is open to the public.

The individuals expressing interest in the vacant seat are Dr. John Blaisdell, Matt Dorsey, Donald Easteppe, Brandon Hixon, Kent Marmon and Jim Rice.

carracer

There were about 35 people in attendance plus the selection committee. Interesting. No questions allowed from the audience. No 2a questions asked by the committee. Q's about taxes, abortion a couple of other things. Was happy with the selections.

Did not open carry to the event as I still need to replace my 1911.

DCR

Thanks for the update - interesting

Appreciate your report, carracer! I don't live in the district but am interested in anything that has statewide implications, like this.

I find it highly curious - and somewhat offensive - that no audience questions are allowed. While I understand the need for bureaucratic efficiency - they don't want it to take all night - I find it troubling that the constituency (the rank-and-file, the voters, the constituency of the party) don't get the opportunity to direct questions to someone who will be appointed to a powerful office, both locally and on the state level. Any thoughts?

carracer

Since the library closes at 9pm I could see the need to limit participation. Had more people posed questions it could have been a long meeting that would have had to carry over to another time. It would have been nice to have had a questionaire filled out by them and copies of handed out to those in attendance or allowed a couple of hand written questions from the audience.

I went to the Committee facebook and posed a 2a question but apparently no one monitors that.

Up to the Governor to select from the appointees.